Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Center Stage  (Read 1042 times)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
Center Stage
« on: February 03, 2019, 03:30:37 pm »

Center Stage...

Peter
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 03:36:20 pm by petermfiore »

Ivophoto

Re: Center Stage
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 03:39:29 pm »

Center Stage...

Peter

Desolation ......

Great shot.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 03:46:38 pm »

+1
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 04:12:26 pm »

+2!
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

OnlyNorth

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 03:04:12 am »

Classic and good !

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 03:51:09 am »

Yes, Ivo described it best so far: desolation.

Almost every figure is turned away from the kid, who is left isolated. Good shot!

Rob

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 08:06:28 am »

Yes, Ivo described it best so far: desolation.

Almost every figure is turned away from the kid, who is left isolated. Good shot!

Rob

The frozen moment, everything is context with timing. It's interesting the take is desolation, isolation etc.......couldn't be further from the reality. That's the magic of image making.

Peter

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 11:51:07 am »

I remember this image resonating strongly, Peter, the first time you posted it some time ago. It did so once again, albeit more powerfully, considering the times in which we find ourselves. I was quite surprised to see other responses, and had hoped to reply sooner, but the island gods saw fit to remove an internet connection before it was possible.

This young woman in her almost ballet flats appears anything but desolate, alone, in jeopardy of any sort. Take a look at those two hands, and especially the set of her right arm, shoulder to elbow and elbow to hand flex. This young woman could have been the sitter for the statue installed at Wall Street!

I do remember studying the others in the surrounds the last time around, the cell involved smoker, the lady at left, her hand almost reaching into the young woman's space.

If there had been illegal dogfighting or cockfights taking place at a mid distance to the right, this young woman would have been perfectly capable of stepping in and setting the participants straight. As I suspect I know where the location is, it may be that it is simply time for that transportation to arrive, as it is for the man off right in the street.

I do appreciate seeing this again as I found it excellent, as in the way Ingmar Bergman expressed power in woman~ the way she stood and the set of that stance, and do remember at the time I saw it first, wondering if you too had been drawn to that beautiful expression of strength. A fine piece of recognition Peter.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 09:43:43 pm by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

stamper

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 04:22:11 am »

A fine image indeed!

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 09:14:32 am »

Patricia,

Thank you for your perceptive reading of this image. After reading it, I had to go back and study the photo again.
It is worth spending time studying all the figures therein, as you have done.

Thank you Patricia, and thank you Peter for sharing this moment with us again.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 07:35:47 am »

Thanks to all for your wonderful comments and long look readings.

When I took this image I was standing back from the corner and framing for what might come. The little girl ran into the frame from the right, stopped on a dime and turned around. I had the girl in frame and as she stopped, I was able to shoot a beat later and got her frozen in her stare,. A second latter her grandmother appeared. I remember as young boy I'd be on a walk with my grand mother and played the very same game. It was so sweet to see this play out.

The frozen images we make can tell a story, but not necessarily the truth.  But the not knowing adds to wonderful interpretations. So thanks you all one again for looking and sharing your thoughts.

Peter

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 08:15:32 am »

I remember this image resonating strongly, Peter, the first time you posted it some time ago. It did so once again, albeit more powerfully, considering the times in which we find ourselves. I was quite surprised to see other responses, and had hoped to reply sooner, but the island gods saw fit to remove an internet connection before it was possible.

This young woman in her almost ballet flats appears anything but desolate, alone, in jeopardy of any sort. Take a look at those two hands, and especially the set of her right arm, shoulder to elbow and elbow to hand flex. This young woman could have been the sitter for the statue installed at Wall Street!

I do remember studying the others in the surrounds the last time around, the cell involved smoker, the lady at left, her hand almost reaching into the young woman's space.

If there had been illegal dogfighting or cockfights taking place at a mid distance to the right, this young woman would have been perfectly capable of stepping in and setting the participants straight. As I suspect I know where the location is, it may be that it is simply time for that transportation to arrive, as it is for the man off right in the street.

I do appreciate seeing this again as I found it excellent, as in the way Ingmar Bergman expressed power in woman~ the way she stood and the set of that stance, and do remember at the time I saw it first, wondering if you too had been drawn to that beautiful expression of strength. A fine piece of recognition Peter.

Patricia,

Your in depth read and insights to my image are wonderful...Obviously, none of which could have possibly been in my mind while waiting for something to emerge on that street corner. You have the soul of a poet, and that is why I relish your responses. Always

Peter

OmerV

• Photographs
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 12:18:16 pm »

I agree with Patricia. The determination and conviction in this girl, unbowed, not like those around her, is made all the more eloquent by her girlish dress up, which in fact she seems quite proud of.

Well done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up