Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metadata problem in C1 12 ??  (Read 775 times)

jeremyrh

Metadata problem in C1 12 ??
« on: January 31, 2019, 06:01:50 am »

Maybe this is a problem with C1-12, maybe just with my memory but ...

it seems to me that in C1-11 when I imported files, I could assign a value in the metadata Description field. I later used this in naming files and output locations, e.g. I could assign a name like AuntSally to Description, and then in the output recipes I could create a subfolder called ImageDate_Description and end up with 20190131_AuntSally.

Now it seems that this is no longer possible. Am I missing something?

HarwinCamera

Re: Metadata problem in C1 12 ??
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 10:48:31 am »

Hello,

If you could expand on the issue some more it would be helpful. I just going off of what I understand from reading your post. 

When you updated to C1 v12 it should have kept all the output recipes from C1 v11.  If you are using "Export" tool then you will need to input all new parameters e.g subfolder location, file type, naming, etc.

When you import images - you input "AuntSally" into the Description field?
When Processing select the recipe(s) that you would like. You use "Output naming" (change the output name only) tab.  Change the Format field to "Current Date" or Image Date" _"Description" and this result in a file name of "20190131_AuntSally"?

As for subfolders,  There are two places to create them. The first is in Process Recipe > File tap. This only affects a single Recipe.  The second is Output Location this effects all selected/check mark recipes.  Witch one are you using?

Renaming files with Metadata have not changed from v11. Try "Description" Token when using Batch rename if that is what you are asking about.

jeremyrh

Re: Metadata problem in C1 12 ??
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 02:53:16 pm »

Thanks for your reply. Please let me check again my workflow so I can be sure of what is happening - maybe I got mixed up ! :-(
Pages: [1]   Go Up