Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideas for Patagonia (Puerto Natales)  (Read 1398 times)

jeremyrh

Ideas for Patagonia (Puerto Natales)
« on: January 31, 2019, 05:32:27 am »

I will be on a work trip to Puerto Natales in Chilean Patagonia (I know, tough gig!) and will have a day or so for my own purposes. I would  be interested if anyone has recommendations on where to go. I will be on my own so a mega hike or drive is not so desirable. Any ideas?

aebolzan

• agustinbolzan
Re: Ideas for Patagonia (Puerto Natales)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 06:12:41 pm »

I was never on this side of the Cordillera (several times in Patagonia but on the Argentinian side), but I think that Torres del Paine is a must. I think it is not very difficult to find how to go there from Puerto Natales. Probably people at your hotel can give you good information about this.

Enjoy Patagonia....is something magnificent and special...on both sides of the Cordillera...

Agustin

dreed

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 08:04:26 pm »

If you are on your own and won't be driving then have a walk around town and see what you can find? There's a bunch of stumps in the lake where a pier used to be that cormorants hang out on.

Your greatest challenge will be weather.

jeremyrh

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 12:47:57 pm »

Well, I made it to Torres del Paine - maybe not at the optimum hours, but still - fantastic landscape. And skyscape!!

dreed

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 09:39:21 pm »

Well, I made it to Torres del Paine - maybe not at the optimum hours, but still - fantastic landscape. And skyscape!!

Down there, the wind blows so fast and so often that it changes by the minute. You were lucky to get such nice weather!

stevenfr

• Steven Friedman Landscape Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 01:02:14 am »

When we were there the wind partially ripped the door off our car. The top hinge was ripped off, we had to lift the door up and in to get it to close.

jeremyrh

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 07:47:00 am »

Good thing about the wind - no problem with mosquitoes and such!! 

Yes, I had good weather. And bad weather. And everything in between. On the same day :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up