Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P800 Front Feed Tray will not stay closed  (Read 1459 times)

alansue

P800 Front Feed Tray will not stay closed
« on: January 30, 2019, 04:13:20 pm »

I've had a P800 for two years and it's been problem free up until now.
The manual front feed tray will not stay closed and I'm unable to find how it stays closed.
The tray pushed in to the closed position and then it just slides open again.
Has anyone had this problem?

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: P800 Front Feed Tray will not stay closed
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 04:33:16 pm »

Have you called Epson ProGraphics tech support for advice?
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

alansue

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 07:13:57 pm »

Have you called Epson ProGraphics tech support for advice?

Hi Mark,
They told me to bring it to a service center which for me is about 25 miles away.
It's pretty cold the next few days so I thought I'd check here first to see if it's happened before.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 08:45:19 pm »

It speaks well for the printer that *so far* there is no such other experience to report! Once the weather improves you'll probably spend less time going to the service center than trying to tinker with it yourself. I don't know where you live, but here in Toronto it was -19 C. today, so an excellent reason to be firmly anchored at home!
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 12:34:49 am »

I have not had that issue (yet) on my P800, but I did have it once on my old 3800. The front lid was held in place by a small magnet that had come loose from its socket. I simply glued the magnet back in place and it never had that problem again. I wouldn't have been so daring if the failure were in a part that was essential to printing.

My P800 has what looks like a tiny magnet in a movable holder attached to the top of the printer case. When you close the front feed tray, this "magnet" fits into a socket on the lid. Perhaps the magnet-like thing has detached on yours?

If I have time tomorrow, I'll try to photograph the presumptive magnet. and post it.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

alansue

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 06:46:53 am »

My P800 has what looks like a tiny magnet in a movable holder attached to the top of the printer case. When you close the front feed tray, this "magnet" fits into a socket on the lid. Perhaps the magnet-like thing has detached on yours?
Hi Eric,
The front magnet is still intact and appears to be for holding the front door. I do wonder if something might have become detached.

Rand47

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 02:47:56 pm »

Hi Eric,
The front magnet is still intact and appears to be for holding the front door. I do wonder if something might have become detached.

Be sure to let us know the ultimate resolution for this issue.  Might be instructive for the rest of us here.
Thanks!

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 05:06:05 pm »

Not sure if you figured out a solution for this, but I may know what you're referring to.  We had the issue where our front feed tray was damaged in transit from a trade-show and I put a thick fine art paper (folded a handful of times) and stuck in the one side where the spring was broken or detached at and hard to fix ourselves.  I've attached pictures of what I believe you're referring to.

If it's something else, I'm not sure what it could be otherwise.  I rigged ours until we get to the point of getting rid of it or selling it.  Still functions properly and it acts like a stopper until we need to use the tray.

alansue

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 12:41:48 pm »

Be sure to let us know the ultimate resolution for this issue.  Might be instructive for the rest of us here.
Thanks!

Rand

Hi Rand,
I downloaded a copy of the service manual and might try to get into this myself. I'll update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up