Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soft proofing for printing in Capture One  (Read 2137 times)

sanvandur

• http://www.santiagovanegas.com
Soft proofing for printing in Capture One
« on: January 29, 2019, 05:45:53 pm »

When soft proofing for printing from Capture One, is there a difference between doing so with the "recipe proofing" icon (the glasses tool) enabled, or just selecting the desired ICC profile in the process recipe, and no "recipe proofing" icon? Once I've selected the proper ICC profile in the process recipe, I get a proper preview of my image with the ICC profile applied. If I add the "recipe proofing" icon, I see no difference in the preview. So, what's it for? Surely I'm missing something...?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 06:41:50 am by sanvandur »
Santiago Vanegas photography at www.santiagovanegas.com

LeonD

Re: Soft proofing for printing in Capture One
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 08:00:52 am »

It might be which ICC profile you've selected.  If I select the ICC profile I use with lustre paper, I don't see any change when I select the eyeglasses.  If I select the ICC profile I use with matte paper, I see a huge change.

IanSeward

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 08:59:42 am »

Great article. When soft proofing for printing from Capture One, is there a difference between doing so with the "recipe proofing" icon (the glasses tool) enabled, or just selecting the desired ICC profile in the process recipe, and no "recipe proofing" icon? Once I've selected the proper ICC profile in the process recipe, I get a proper preview of my image with the ICC profile applied. If I add the "recipe proofing" icon, I see no difference in the preview. So, what's it for? Surely I'm missing something...?

The ICC profile will deal with colour but I think the spectacle icon adds things like sharpness to the soft proof.

Ian

sanvandur

• http://www.santiagovanegas.com
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 03:37:41 pm »

The ICC profile will deal with colour but I think the spectacle icon adds things like sharpness to the soft proof.

Ian

I’ll make a note of it. Thanks for your help!
Santiago Vanegas photography at www.santiagovanegas.com

HarwinCamera

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 11:04:40 am »

Ian

Sharpness can be added or not by going to the Adjustments Tap in each Process Recipe.

NOTE: Soft Proof tool Proof Profile is Defaulted to Selected Recipe. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up