Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color Editor Advanced Tab  (Read 1001 times)

Mike Dale

Color Editor Advanced Tab
« on: January 27, 2019, 06:43:54 pm »

Just watching a Capture One Video on Youtube and it seemed to infer that in the Advanced tab you could create a masked layer from multiple color picks.

Is that possible?

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: Color Editor Advanced Tab
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 12:25:45 am »

Yes, simply click on the three little dots and choose Create Masked Layer from Selection

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 09:50:39 am »

Yes, simply click on the three little dots and choose Create Masked Layer from Selection

Indeed, and once those masks are created they can also be further edited by hand. It's one of the very useful additions in recent C1 versions. It e.g. allows selecting all skin tones in an image, or the blue of the sky (also between tree branches).

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Jeff

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 10:43:57 am »

Is it not the case one can only make a layer from one colour pick ( sector expanded if required ) not multiple colour picks as suggested in the question ?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 12:42:46 pm »

Is it not the case one can only make a layer from one colour pick ( sector expanded if required ) not multiple colour picks as suggested in the question ?

In the Advanced Color Editor, the mask is created from the currently selected Color selection (Create Masked Layer from Selection, and only one can be selected).

If one has several color selections, only one of them is used to build a mask. If one wants to adjust multiple color selections, one needs to create multiple masked layers. That allows treating the different contiguous color-range selections differently. One could also choose to apply the same adjustments to multiple adjustment layers with different Colormasks.

Alternatively, one could apply a generic correction to the Background layer, and undo it in one or more Adjustment Layers with color mask selections.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Mike Dale

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 04:49:40 pm »

I've been creating Masked Layers from Color Picks for years, I know how to do that. The question was "Can you create a layer mask from multiple color picks". That was what I thought it implied in the video I watched.   Must have got it wrong.

Thanks for the answers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up