Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: IQ4-150 February approaches - where are we?  (Read 2788 times)

narikin

Re: IQ4-150 February approaches - where are we?
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2019, 04:32:06 pm »

Heard an random rumor that Phase are dragging their feet with enabling sync firmware/ releasing hardware leads & connectors for tech users because they are planning to release their own tech solution, maybe in collaboration with one of the existing manufacturers, like Cambo.

I hope that is just a piece of silly gossip, and not true.

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2019, 05:17:09 pm »

I wouldn’t be surprised if true, but honestly I hope not. I am quite happy with my Arca system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2019, 07:04:19 pm »

For P1 to switch from their limited Alpa partnership to Cambo would be an interesting move.  To hold other tech shooters besides Cambo hostage, due to some new partnership, would be an even bigger surprise.  But P1 knows they hit the mark 100% on the IQ4 for tech cameras, (first time ever really) so something might be in the works for sure.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

narikin

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2019, 09:40:38 pm »

The strange thing is they *had* a partnership with Alpa, with all that 'A Series' hoopla.  So what happened with that relationship? Did they just see the price of Alpa gear and decide they want all those $, not just the most expensive bit?  Won't they do the same thing with Cambo, or whomever in a few years?

Take all this with a decent pinch of salt. It's likely not true. Easy to see a conspiracy where there is just confusion!

(But... if I was Alpa or Arca or whomever, I'd be headed to Shenzen with a Hahnel 12 pin, to get it copied adapted. I hear they are rather good at that there!)

Jeffrey Lubeck

• Jeffrey H. Lubeck
    • Jeff's Web Site
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2019, 11:38:22 pm »

I have read the comments through today 1/31/2019.  Thanks for all the thoughtful comments and insights.  Lucky to have a site such as LL.

I have been testing in the field for 30 days.  Below is a post about my feelings to-date:

http://jefflubeck.net/2019/01/28/the-phase-one-iq450-is-it-worth-it/

Jeffrey H. Lubeck

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2019, 01:09:01 am »

I just came back from Death Valley using the IQ4 150 on a Cambo Actus DB and the XF, and despite the firmware limitations, the LCC difference on a tech camera and wide angle is very significant and I have no regrets. It appears I won’t even need an LLC on my 40 or above. (and can get away without it on the 28 some of the time).  I realize some absolutely must have features that aren’t there yet, and I hated not being able to use capture pilot to compose and focus on my iPhone, but I for one am glad they didn’t delay the back until the firmware was finished.

I’m pretty stoked that I can easily make 84-100” long images from a single capture. I’ve been stitching for a long time, and at this point the only time I will probably need to stitch is if the lens I’m using can’t cover the composition I’m trying to capture. Translates to less time behind the computer and more time doing other things.

Jeffrey Lubeck

• Jeffrey H. Lubeck
    • Jeff's Web Site
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2019, 08:33:30 am »

Wayne,

Good points.

The challenge is losing (at least for a time) an aspect of functionality that may be crucial to one's work when the promise was quicker-faster-better-more.  As with you, I place trust that PHASE ONE will deliver on their promise, and will go with the IQ4 151 as is for now.  I am about to move from my XF testing of this past month to the Cambo.

p.s. went to your site... superb work!
Jeffrey H. Lubeck
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up