Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few from Osaka  (Read 813 times)

shadowblade

A few from Osaka
« on: January 27, 2019, 09:42:00 am »

1. Dotonbori, a riverfront entertainment and nightlife district, during an evening thunderstorm.

Three-shot panorama with A7r3 with 100-400 GM at 100mm, f/11, 0.6s, ISO 100.

2. Awaza Junction at night.

A7r3 with 12-24 at 20mm, f/11, 8s, ISO 50.

Kevin Gallagher

Re: A few from Osaka
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 12:02:38 pm »

Two very nice ones!!
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 12:29:43 pm »

+1! Nice work!
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 01:13:41 pm »

+2.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 01:22:16 pm »

Good shots, Shadow. There's a street in each of them, so they MUST be street photography. Right?
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 02:42:29 pm »

Good shots, Shadow. There's a street in each of them, so they MUST be street photography. Right?

Yep, innovation! Stitched street, the new decisive moment, courtesy the three-headed tripod.

The Internet is more fun than television. Not that I'm really sure what fun is, mind you.

:-)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 05:41:26 pm »

Shadowblade,

I have a question, not related to genre definition, and not meant to be a dig, criticism, or anything like that: what is the intended purpose of those photographs you've been posting here as of recently? A lot of them seem to be of traffic congestions, overpasses, etc. Tightly composed, with no apparent subject or point of interest. Almost like you've been hired by, say, an Asian Transit Authority for their brochures or similar. Or is it for stock libraries?

shadowblade

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 06:16:53 pm »

Shadowblade,

I have a question, not related to genre definition, and not meant to be a dig, criticism, or anything like that: what is the intended purpose of those photographs you've been posting here as of recently? A lot of them seem to be of traffic congestions, overpasses, etc. Tightly composed, with no apparent subject or point of interest. Almost like you've been hired by, say, an Asian Transit Authority for their brochures or similar. Or is it for stock libraries?

When you're travelling through an urban jungle, you photograph urban trees and rivers - skyscrapers, bridges, roads, traffic - just as when you're in a real jungle, you photograph monkeys. They're both scenic in their own way - just that one is Batman or Blade Runner and the other is Lord of the Rings.

The one environment I can't stand when taking photos is suburbia - neither wild nature nor concrete jungle, with elements of both but little harmony between them and none of the charm of historic old towns, with most objects at a human scale and few objects of aesthetic interest.

Ivophoto

A few from Osaka
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 02:40:32 am »

Shadowblade,

I don’t have an opinion on these photos and in whatever genre they should fit. And I think the maker does have a solid view on what he is doing.
So, I ‘m not going to elaborate on the images, there is something more interesting to discuss imo.

These shots are a good example of how technical evolution influence style. (Nothing wrong with that)
 I call it ‘handheld IBIS nightshot cityscapes’
Or a Sony cityscape. (Not sure if the Sony IBIS allow 8s handheld, but I’ve seen impressive results hand held)

A fine example how technology dictates (make possible) certain imagery.

OmerV

• Photographs
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 06:53:31 am »

The second image is proof of the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder pandemic that is keeping us all going somewhere really fast. Busy bees we.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up