Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change WB of a Group of Images  (Read 1109 times)

drralph

• Ralph's Instagram
Change WB of a Group of Images
« on: January 24, 2019, 11:52:21 pm »

I have a large group of images which were shot on auto white balance.  I would like to change them all to a single WB setting.  I have figured out I can do this one image at a time by copy/pasting settings.  But this is tedious, and I know there must be a way to batch process this change.  I suspect it will be through using Quick Develop, but can't figure out how to do it.  Thanks for your help!

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Change WB of a Group of Images
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 12:30:29 am »

In the Develop module, select the whole group and activate Auto Sync function. Then change the white balance on the one image that is "most selected." Done.

drralph

• Ralph's Instagram
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 01:18:21 am »

This worked.  Thanks Slobodan.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 01:32:58 am »

Another precise way of copying any development setting is to just right click and select 'Develop settings' > 'copy settings' Then you have a choice of which settings are copied. Then your choice can be pasted onto another image or selection of images.

John Caldwell

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 06:36:01 am »

Another precise way of copying any development setting is to just right click and select 'Develop settings' > 'copy settings' Then you have a choice of which settings are copied. Then your choice can be pasted onto another image or selection of images.

The same is true of the Setting Sync that Slobodan describes above, meaning choose only those settings you wish to sync. I use this every day to save time.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 08:12:32 am »

Skinning cats ....

If you prefer a keyboard shortcut then after selecting the group and making the change on the targeted image press Ctrl-Shift-S.  This opens the Synch Settings window and allows you to chose WB and/or any other setting that needs to be synched through the group.

Undertow

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 05:35:26 pm »

I have figured out I can do this one image at a time by copy/pasting settings.

You can do this exact process to a full selection of images, not just a single one.

Worth noting when syncing WB - say you have a batch shot on auto WB and you find one image who's auto WB is ideal and you want to sync the other images. LR will NOT change the other images to the same temperature and tint when the source image is set to "As Shot" in the WB pull down menu (above the sliders, where you have Daylight, Cloudy etc...).

It will change all the images to their own "As Shot" WB (e.g. do nothing if they're unedited). You have to change the source image to "Custom" in the pull down menu (or move the sliders which automatically changes it to "Custom"). Then it will sync the other images to the exact temperature and tint.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 06:38:13 pm »

The Auto Sync described may or may not sync what you desire. Far better, far more control, select the image you desire. Use the key commands to bring up the Copy (and then paste) Copy Settings dialog seen below. Configure as desired (below, ONLY WB is selected, you can of course pick other attributes).
Command (Control on Win) C key to copy, Command (Control) P for paste. NOW you know exactly what's getting the sync'ed settings.
Also consider saving that WB as a preset for the future....
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up