Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stacks in Lr  (Read 759 times)

drralph

• Ralph's Instagram
Stacks in Lr
« on: January 24, 2019, 03:38:53 pm »

How do I set which photo in a Lr stack that I want to be visible on the top of the stack when collapsed?  I shoot a lot of bracket sets, and the first photo is generally too dark to get an idea of the subject.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Stacks in Lr
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 03:49:05 pm »

Make it the "most-selected" before you create the stack. So when x images are selected, you'll see that one of them has a lighter grey frame around the thumbnail. Click another thumbnail to make it the most-selected.

There are also right click commands for moving to the top of the stack.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 04:42:53 pm »

Expand your stack in the filmstrip and drag the one you want to show to the beginning of the stack.

drralph

• Ralph's Instagram
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 05:14:22 pm »

These methods do succeed in changing the image displayed on a collapsed stack.  Unfortunately, they also move the image to the top of the stack, which I am hoping to avoid.

These are stacks of 9 exposure bracketed images, repeated every 30 degrees around a pano.  When I am ready to post-process, I will select each group of 9 and do an HDR process, then stitch the resulting images into a pano.  By moving an image to the top and out of it's group of 9, I may end up an forgetting about that image (usually the best), and doing the HDR without it.  But it doesn't look like there is a way of selecting a display image for a compressed stack without moving it to the top.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 05:42:26 pm »

But it doesn't look like there is a way of selecting a display image for a compressed stack without moving it to the top.

Moving it to the top is how you select a display image.

howardm

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 08:43:25 am »

Can the OP add a Virtual Copy to each stack and put that on top of each stack?

Personally, I would think 9 exposures for each 30 degree 'stop' is massive overkill (for a
total of 108 images per pano and a pain to manage but that is a different conversation ;)

drralph

• Ralph's Instagram
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 03:40:00 pm »

I like the idea of a virtual copy at the top.  I would not make the mistake of including it in an HDR process.

Regarding "overkill,"  I couldn't disagree more!  :D  The images I am working on where captured while standing in the East River, beneath the Brooklyn Bridge, where the temperature was 11℉, to capture the Super Blood Wolf Whatever.  There are no second chances.  If you take off your gloves for some adjustment, you limit the time you have to work.  I have a system, and it works for me.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up