Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Death Valley Question  (Read 5032 times)

Ghaag

Re: Death Valley Question
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2019, 05:00:40 pm »

In addition to what Richard has suggested for wildflowers, you can keep driving eastward past Badwater up until the ruins of the Ashford Mill. All along the route you will see them. If you have the time, you could take the one-way Titus Canyon route. There are a lot of wildflowers there but even without them it is a magnificent (early morning) drive.

Rajan, thank you for mentioning the wildflowers, this was not something I was expecting to see!

Ghaag

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2019, 05:04:09 pm »

You prob need to prioritize the subjects that most interest you. Based on your list and trying to maximize the good light, I would probably go for Mesquite Dunes and Zabriskie for sunrise, Badwater and Dante’s View for for Sunset.  I think Badwater can be good either time, really depends on the sky so sunset there should work.  Artist Pallet is interesting and good shots can be had there if you like more abstract type studies of all the colorful rock formations., but something you could easily check out a couple of hours before sunset on the way to Badwater,. One I forgot to mention and is quite interesting on the way to Badwater and something you should at least check out is Devil’s Golf course. Death Valley is a tough place to cover in two days, but you do what you can :)

One other place I forgot to mention (for others checking out this thread) is the area about 5 miles north of the Ranches where there are small rivulets of water flowing across the flat.  Requires a really great sky to be reflected in it, I’ve never been lucky enough when shooting there with a good sky and it can be a little muddy getting in, but I’ve seem some wonderful shots from that location.

A couple of links to shots to locations perhaps lower on your priority list ...
Artist Pallet
Devils Golf Course
And Zabriskie can be OK at sunset (not many buses when I was there last week at sunset, depends on the time of year)
Manly Beacon (zabriskie) at sunset   Another at Zabriskie sunset

Thank you Wayne, that sounds like a good plan!  Beautiful images, based on your picture, I definitely want to see Devils Golf Course.

tonysiciliano1

• Tony Siciliano Photography
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2019, 11:19:01 pm »

I disagree with the suggestion that Dante's few is best at sunset. I think it's best at sunrise, so that probably mean either!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up