Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharon Tenenbaum article  (Read 2540 times)

Krug

Sharon Tenenbaum article
« on: January 22, 2019, 11:22:19 am »

Personally I have found the last two articles on the 'new' Lula to have been among the most stimulating articles for a long time  ...  although of course I do not expect that to be a universal reaction as, fortunately, that is never likely.

Following the almost schoolyard levels of recent discussions here I had almost decided to not continue my practice of over ten years of at least a brief visit to the Lula articles and fora every morning  -  I am re-energised and hope for more - not necessarily on similar subjects but at least in the same vein of challenging and imaginative approach.

Thank you Lula.
John Ashbourne
 www.johnashbourne.com

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
Re: Sharon Tenenbaum article
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 12:39:34 pm »

Dear Krug,

We are happy that you are happy.
We have received many messages such as yours, and we are excited to unveil more work of equally stimulating (to us, and to many others, it would seem) value.

Thank you for the support.

(Sharon's article is fun and useful)

Best wishes,
Josh
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.

Rado

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 01:14:01 pm »

I concur. I used to skip most of the content on the main page but the new articles tickle my imagination more than any Sony/Leica/Phase1 "story" ever could. Well done Josh and team.

John R

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 03:09:48 pm »

Very much enjoyed the article and the images. If I may say, having seen many of Sharon's past images on this site, I would argue her journey toward developing a greater awareness and appreciation for more abstract and minimalist imagery was evident all along in her architectural work. I think it was a natural progression. Her story of how she evolved an interest for the abstract qualities in a scene or subject, mirrors my own. The work is outstanding, IMHO.

JR

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 04:35:48 pm »

Just FYI, Sharon had at least four articles of the same or similar quality in the OLD LuLa.

James Clark

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 04:38:55 pm »

Just FYI, Sharon had at least four articles of the same or similar quality in the OLD LuLa.

And? 

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 12:18:08 am »

And?

I believe Slobodan is referring to the the people that are saying how much they are enjoying the new direction of Lula. I have enjoyed some of the new articles myself, however this article can not be used as an example of this new direction for reasons given by Slobodan.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

jeremyrh

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 03:36:37 am »

Schrodinger's Lula - goes in the wrong new direction, and just repeats old topics.

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 06:58:13 am »

Schrodinger's Lula - goes in the wrong new direction, and just repeats old topics.

Which of course, is the problem with both photography and photographers.

It's not really a medium made of knicker elastic, and the worthwhile functions and forms have long been understood. The relentless search for something new can only prove successful (in being something new) when it strays away from real photography and into a hybrid that simply consists of using a camera somewhere along the way to the end product.

The above has nothing to do with Sharon's article, by the way, but is in response to the sentiment in you post. Which, clearly, I believe applies to photography as an artform.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 10:58:58 am by Rob C »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 10:23:51 am »

James Clark

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 10:33:05 am »

VidJa

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 04:41:16 pm »

Sharon just rocks. She inspires and triggers me to go out and create art, whatever that is.
These kinds of articles make me jump on my bike and cycle downtown with a camera, any camera.

Let’s forget all the latest greatest technology and hyper inflated camera prices and go out.

Oh btw,she features on popsci.com

« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 04:27:43 pm by VidJa »
Pages: [1]   Go Up