Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Utility Software Help  (Read 1649 times)

sportmaster

HP Utility Software Help
« on: January 18, 2019, 05:19:17 pm »

I originally had an older version of HP Utility and it worked fine.  Recently I updated to the newest version called "Designjet Utility".  This new version doesn't list the HP Z3200 printer has being supported even though it is the provided download on the 3200 support page.  It won't locate my 3200 printer when attempting to install.  Suggestions?

I reinstalled my previous version but now have a problem whenever I try to use  the "paper preset management" or "firmware update" functions.  I receive an error massage saying, "WE are very sorry.  The server encountered a problem when serving your request." 

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
Re: HP Utility Software Help
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 08:29:00 pm »

I originally had an older version of HP Utility and it worked fine.  Recently I updated to the newest version called "Designjet Utility".  This new version doesn't list the HP Z3200 printer has being supported even though it is the provided download on the 3200 support page.  It won't locate my 3200 printer when attempting to install.  Suggestions?

I reinstalled my previous version but now have a problem whenever I try to use  the "paper preset management" or "firmware update" functions.  I receive an error massage saying, "WE are very sorry.  The server encountered a problem when serving your request."

Really, at this point, the best way to get the correct printer driver and Utility is using the one Apple provides -(it goes out and downloads from HP).

Here's what you can do:

So you look in your applications folder and there will be a folder called HP. In that folder is an app called HP Uninstaller.  If you use that, it will uninstall all your printers, Utility, everything, and give you the opportunity to start from scratch.

After I have run HP uninstaller, I go to system preferences and then to printers, then check the plus sign to add a printer.  The printer comes up from the list and a driver is suggested.  I check OK.

Once the printer is added via system preferences, while still in system preferences, printers, there is a "open printer Queue" and in the Queue, Utility>"open Utility".  If you click that, the Utility will open automagically.  Use the right click on the icon>options > keep Utility in the Dock.

Forget going to HP's download site and erase your printers with HP Unistaller and get new drivers and Utility in System Preferences>Printers and Scanners.

-M
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

sportmaster

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 09:22:38 am »

Don't have Apple.  Have a PC

jimcamel

• Film from the 70's; digital and computers now.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 09:43:35 pm »

HP updated this, from Printer Utility to DesignJet Utility in late December and early January.  I got it when I needed the new version for my new Z9+.  That being said, while I truly need it for the z9+ this version does not see my older HP Printers now either - so, same as you. 

I still had the older utility version available and I run the one or the other depending upon which printer I am trying to reference.  So, if you can re-install the old, use it.  I have both of them in my Mac Applications folder (different names) - one is HP Utility and the other is DesignJet Utility.

I'd also report it as a bug to HP.

Screenshot shows my HP folder with both...
JC. Photography and computers ... how could that not be great ?

sportmaster

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 10:14:53 am »

I did what you suggested, but only regained partial functionality with the older version.  The internet-based functions don't work.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 12:30:34 am »

Having the same issues. Using Windows 10 and the latest version of the app. Tried to go back to back to the older one and got the same errors on the functions

zippski

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 07:09:11 pm »

I had some input on similar thread before Christmas.  I bought a new z3200, and installed the HP printer utility on the first machine on my network using the version of the utility as it existed on November 8th.  Works flawlessly great on my Windows 10 x64 machine.

A few days later, I began to install the utility on my second machine, and noticed that HP had "updated" the z3200 utility on November 09th.  So, I downloaded and installed that version.

In short, total disaster - the updated utility was mostly non-functional. So, I simply uninstalled the post November 9th utility and installed the previous version (which I had, fortunately, saved), and the second machine returned the same result as the first - it works flawlessly.

I emailed Mark a few tomes back and forth about this issue, and he asked me to send the utility to him to put on his website.  Unfortunately, after several attempts to get it to him, it appears that his email server blocks any file I send there with an attachment as a safety feature (at least according to my reply-path messages - regular emails without attachments get through just fine)

So, I'm not sure how to get the functional version of the utility back out there.  (I don't have drop box access on the network here)

Leigh
zippski

sportmaster

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 02:06:41 pm »

Yes, a link to your older firmware would be helpful.

zippski

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 11:15:30 pm »

I think you misunderstood what I said, Sportmaster. I don't have a link.  I have a working downloaded execution file sitting on my hard drive that I downloaded from the pre-November 9th HP site, which now no longer exists on the HP site.

Leigh
zippski

sportmaster

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 02:39:05 pm »

I understand. Just hoping a link to that utility will become available.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 09:40:07 am »

ZIP the executable and use wetransfer.com.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots

Peter McLennan

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 09:01:48 pm »

ZIP the executable and use wetransfer.com.

Do you have the name of the executable in question?  I see see several directories in the <Program Files (X86) / Hewlett Packard>  directory.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 02:01:29 am »

Do you have the name of the executable in question?  I see see several directories in the <Program Files (X86) / Hewlett Packard>  directory.

No, but Zippsky halfway this thread must have it.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up