Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live Historgram for A7R III  (Read 1017 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Live Historgram for A7R III
« on: January 15, 2019, 08:02:59 pm »

Okay, so this may be a really stupid question, but...

I recently bought an A7RIII and I don't see any way to show a live histogram when shooting - either on the viewfinder or on the back. I'm well aware of the limitations of a histogram with regard to raw files but it's something at least. There's a four-part histogram in image review, but that's not what I'm looking for. Even my cell phone can display a live histogram. I've upgraded to firmware 2.1 and I've looked through all 37 pages of menu settings. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Live Historgram for A7R III
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 08:13:21 pm »

Found it. It was being overlaid by too much other information, even though it was turned on.

Anyone else miss match needle light meters? :P

Mike.

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 09:13:24 pm »

Nope.
Regards,
Ron

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 02:45:29 pm »

You can change what you see in the viewfinder and LCD (independently) in the menu by configuring the info screens.  I have mine set up so that when the histogram is showing it's by itself.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 07:23:35 pm »

A little bit more on this for anyone else who is as slow as I seem to be (It's the white hair...). First of all, DISP is on Menu/Camera2, page 6

Second, and this is true for the A7r III (don't know about others), on the back of the camera, on the main wheel, the top button says DISP. When I push that button, it toggles through the Display modes that I have checked in the Menu. So, the menu options turn on/off what shows on the rear LCD or viewfinder when pushing the DISP on the back of the camera. I can't show the level and the histogram simultaneously for example, but I can toggle between them by pushing the DISP button.

Fortunately the A7RIII help guide is only 464 pages. :o

Mike.

scooby70

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 04:16:20 am »

A little bit more on this for anyone else who is as slow as I seem to be (It's the white hair...). First of all, DISP is on Menu/Camera2, page 6

Second, and this is true for the A7r III (don't know about others), on the back of the camera, on the main wheel, the top button says DISP. When I push that button, it toggles through the Display modes that I have checked in the Menu. So, the menu options turn on/off what shows on the rear LCD or viewfinder when pushing the DISP on the back of the camera. I can't show the level and the histogram simultaneously for example, but I can toggle between them by pushing the DISP button.

Fortunately the A7RIII help guide is only 464 pages. :o

Mike.

I do wish Sony would allow them to be shown simultaneously.
Pages: [1]   Go Up