Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old HP Utility for Z3200  (Read 373 times)

PaulStL

Old HP Utility for Z3200
« on: January 11, 2019, 07:35:00 pm »

As mentioned in my previous post, my Z3200 is up and running.  I've calibrated and profiled a number of papers but I had read in a post by Mark (https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=115420.0) about an older version of the HP Utility that allowed profiling with a greater number of patches as well as the ability to print for later scanning.  MY HP Utility is the latest and doesn't have those abilities so I downloaded the drivers and utility for an old MacBook running 10.4.  The option to print with more patches shows up in the utility but when you continue to the second page (where you define the number of patches, page size, etc.), it says it can't find the patch data.

So I fired up a backup disk that has 10.6 on it.  To install the printer, it had to download updated HP files.  Again, the utility shows the ability to print a profile, save a tiff for use, etc. but when you advance to define the patches and page size, it freezes again with a message "Retrieving patch data". 

Next I fired up a backup disk with 10.9 Mavericks on it but after an HP download, the advanced options are missing from the HP utility.

Sorry, I can't tell you the exact version of the utilities (my notes are at work and we're getting hit with a big snowstorm) but I know with 10.4 and 10.6, both utilities were pre-5.29 (the version Mark uses in the link above).  The Mavericks version was definitely post-5.29

So, has HP crippled the old software (possibly at the request of X-Rite) or is there some other problem?  Any thoughts or help is much appreciated.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up