Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P5000 rebate - new model on way?  (Read 757 times)

Jeff Kott

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
Epson P5000 rebate - new model on way?
« on: January 09, 2019, 08:05:49 pm »

I need to replace my aged Epson 4900 and am of course looking at the P5000. I see there’s a $400 rebate if I buy it before 1/31.

My question is whether this is normal for this time of year or is this an indication that Epson is about to release new models. Any thought?
Logged

Mark D Segal

  • Contributor
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12525
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson P5000 rebate - new model on way?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 08:14:01 pm »

I don't think the SC-P5000 is anywhere close to the end of its product cycle. This is the early post-Christmas season when sales need to be pushed by offering rebates. I wouldn't read much more than that into it.
Logged
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Jeff Kott

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
Re: Epson P5000 rebate - new model on way?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 08:53:00 pm »

Thanks Mark! That’s what I thought, but wanted to check with those who follow this more closely than I do. ;)
Logged

I.T. Supplies

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 529
Re: Epson P5000 rebate - new model on way?
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 04:08:38 pm »

Epson provides rebates on most of their photo printers almost monthly and the timeframe manufacturer's are going to launch a new version is around 5-6 years (average from what I can tell).  I've personally seen 3 versions of Epson/Canon while at this company for just over 8 years.  (Epson's x800/x880, x890/x900/P); (Canon's x300, x400, Pro).

The P5000 was launched about a year after the P series started shipping which replaced the 4900.

So, it may be a few more years until the manufacturer(s) provide a statement about a new version/series in the works.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up