Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flickr Subscription Almost Tripled?  (Read 2081 times)

Ivophoto

Re: Flickr Subscription Almost Tripled?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 05:57:56 pm »

Free account.
Ja, could be. I’m a bit allergic to adds and afraid it will ruin the rather nice and clean layout of the photo stream.
If you have done your downgrade, can you tell us how it looks like with the adds? (If it is like the FB add screen occupation, or the Instagram feed, no thanks)

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 03:05:04 am »

I have never had anything other than free for over 10 years and I don't see any ads at all which is weird. This thing about no ads always confused me.

Of course now Flickr will correct that anomaly :)

John R

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 04:38:18 am »

I never did like Flickr. My dislike is right in the name, everything is a flicker and the amount of images is quite overwhelming. I post my images on Smugmug, which ironically now owns Flickr. It costs about 60$ US. But the service is excellent and you can customize your own website with it. But I use mine strictly to exhibit my images and the selling feature is turned off.

JR

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 09:26:50 pm »

... I’m a bit allergic to adds and afraid it will ruin the rather nice and clean layout of the photo stream.
If you have done your downgrade, can you tell us how it looks like with the adds? (If it is like the FB add screen occupation, or the Instagram feed, no thanks)

Just switched to free today. No change in layout so far, i.e., no ads whatsoever. Will let you know if that changes in the future.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/slobodan_blagojevic

Ivophoto

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2019, 12:30:02 am »

Just switched to free today. No change in layout so far, i.e., no ads whatsoever. Will let you know if that changes in the future.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/slobodan_blagojevic

Tx. I’m curious.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up