Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flash forced off on Pany G9  (Read 1583 times)

David S

Flash forced off on Pany G9
« on: January 09, 2019, 12:56:27 pm »

My wife's Panasonic G9 won't fire the flash. Shooting in single shot mode with mechanical shutter. Flash menu item is unavailable. When chosen it simply states that it is unavailable.
I tried a re-set of settings to not avail. The flash shows the forced off icon on the screen,

I went through the manual and she isn't doing those things that should force the flash not to fire.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks,

Dave S

Kirk_C

Re: Flash forced off on Pany G9
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 09:00:32 pm »

Corrupted firmware maybe ?

Have you installed the last update ?

https://www.panasonic.com/global/consumer/lumix/g9_firmware.html

jrsforums

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 12:35:04 am »

My wife's Panasonic G9 won't fire the flash. Shooting in single shot mode with mechanical shutter. Flash menu item is unavailable. When chosen it simply states that it is unavailable.
I tried a re-set of settings to not avail. The flash shows the forced off icon on the screen,

I went through the manual and she isn't doing those things that should force the flash not to fire.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks,

Dave S

Which flash? 

Is it properly “seated”?  Often, it may seem ok, but not full slide into flash mount.
John

David S

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 08:01:11 am »

As well seated as I can manage for her. Also the forced off flash setting is there even if the flash isn't mounted.

jrsforums

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 10:51:51 am »

As well seated as I can manage for her. Also the forced off flash setting is there even if the flash isn't mounted.

Flash off is shown when it does not sense a flash attached or the flash is turned off, so that is normal with no flash.  You say mounted as well as possible...I assume this means the pin from flash goes in camera mount hole.  You may want to clean contacts with a pencil eraser.

Also, when an incompatible flash is attached, the camera will not sense it, which is why I asked which model.
John

David S

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 11:20:49 am »

Thanks,

Will clean contacts. It is a flash (Metz) that does work with Panasonic cameras. It show up on a backup body.

Dave S

David S

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 11:42:35 am »

While there was no obvious dirt on the contacts, after two cleans the flash now works. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Dave S
Pages: [1]   Go Up