Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to find quality .RAW stock  (Read 541 times)

texshooter

Where to find quality .RAW stock
« on: January 06, 2019, 08:41:07 pm »

I don't have the time to travel to exotic locations but would like to advance my retouching and compositing skills by practicing on  quality stock photos. The photos must be unedited and of high resolution and preferably in .raw format.   Any site recommendations?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:27:06 pm by texshooter »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Where to find quality .RAW stock
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 11:30:18 pm »

Most stock sites accept and store only JPG files. I seem to recall that Dreamstime agency offered at one time an option to purchase a RAW file which would be negotiated directly with the original photographer - usually for hundreds of dollars.  I'm not sure if they are still offering such an option.
Some stock sites offer a buy-out option with exclusive rights for an image and that might include also the RAW file. That would run into thousands of dollars.

There are some smaller stock photography sites operated directly by single photographers, who might be more inclined to negotiate a RAW file license.

DP

Re: Where to find quality .RAW stock
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 12:56:14 am »

I don't have the time to travel to exotic locations but would like to advance my retouching and compositing skills by practicing on  quality stock photos. The photos must be unedited and of high resolution and preferably in .raw format.  Practicing on my own photos is uninspiring because they're mediocre at best (I don't get out much).  Any site recommendations?

dpreview (and some other sites like I-R) provides raw files in their reviews (and I do not mean shots of various test targets & test scenes, which they also provide in abudance) - sometimes some of them are nice ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up