Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is this normal ? clogged nozzel heads detected on neew epson >?  (Read 648 times)

Matthew63

is this normal ? clogged nozzel heads detected on neew epson >?
« on: January 06, 2019, 04:32:00 pm »

This seems a bit odd, my brand new just started using it Epson p6000 Printed a small cut sheet print on day two, and day one was one test print, so essentially brande new.. and after printed I saw an error on display print nozel clogg detected recommend cleaning.. IS this something I should call Epson about?

Garnick

Re: is this normal ? clogged nozzel heads detected on neew epson >?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 05:02:28 pm »

This seems a bit odd, my brand new just started using it Epson p6000 Printed a small cut sheet print on day two, and day one was one test print, so essentially brande new.. and after printed I saw an error on display print nozel clogg detected recommend cleaning.. IS this something I should call Epson about?

Well, you could call Epson, but they will simply tell you to follow that notice and run a cleaning cycle.  This is not a new situation at all, and the more you use the printer the fewer nozzle dropouts you will experience, assuming there are no particular issues with the printer.  However, what I would advise is to start a Printer Issue Log and keep track of all of these situations, so that when you do have to call Epson you'll have a bit of information to pass along to them.  On the other hand, don't wait too long before contacting Epson.  That's something I learned with my SP9900 printer in 2010.  I first called Epson after I'd used the printer for maybe a month, and several times from there, forward into the second year.  By doing that they have your log and they know you are serious about getting everything working properly with your new P6000.  As a matter of fact there was one Epson tech that was not very helpful at all.  He had a very distinctive voice, and if he picked up I would immediately hangup and not waste my time with him.  After a while you know who will offer some good information and who will not.  Just my experience of course, but when I found a cosmetic flaw on my new P7000 I got in touch with Epson immediately and sent images of the flaw as well.  The third time I called, the tech, after checking my file, told me that it wasn't anything that would affect the operation of the printer and of course I agreed.  But I also asked her to put me in touch with me supervisor.  After about 15 minutes of her explaining the situation to someone (I don't know who), she came back on the line and told me to expect a visit from D1 soon with a new flawless part to replace the original one.  Sometimes it's simply a matter of not letting go. 

Gary         

Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Matthew63

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 05:25:20 pm »

Yep, sounds about right, as I have limited experience this probably isnt as big a deal as I thought

Just did a cleaning cycle and then printed on a large a3+ cut paper.. other than having a conflict with the softwhere knowing the print paper and the printer being upset thinking its a roll, even after I said cut sheet.. lol
It will get easier
and
the print is fast compared to the p800 and looks amazing.. imo.... learning and trying not to flood the forums.. THANK UUU
have ordered a humidity guage and am starting a log... seems a log is what the printer should do also.. and Its got a nice warranty...

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 08:12:59 pm »

IS this something I should call Epson about?

No. Several things could trigger a notice of that kind whether the printer is new or not. Just clean your nozzles showing gaps and enjoy the printer.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 05:30:57 pm »

Actually quite common.  These generally aren’t clogs, but the result of small air bubbles that have managed to get past the dampers - easy to happen when first charging the lines.  Some printers this can happen several times, my p5000 I thought was a lemon, but suddenly it all cleared up and doesn’t need cleaning too often anymore.  Others like my p9000 only happened once or twice, and needs cleaned very rarely now.

Matthew63

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 05:41:53 pm »

exactly what I experienced.. today printed fine, yesterday fine...
Im hoping some tlc, printing and its very own humidifier will make my sweet p6000 a happy camper...

and a bonus b4 I get things downstairs set up, I get to run, or walk, up and down some stairs each time I print...
Pages: [1]   Go Up