Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking For Light with Adam Krawesky  (Read 1883 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Looking For Light with Adam Krawesky
« on: January 06, 2019, 01:20:24 am »

Another good article with many fine images.
I remember from the eighties and nineties that mental facility, but unfortunately not its name. They used to have on the grounds a large and quite comfortable theatre which was very popular with various volunteer acting groups, one of them the New Czech Theatre.  Some of the wandering residents often strolled into the theatre wing and mingled with the theatre visitors.

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
Re: Looking For Light with Adam Krawesky
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 02:28:28 am »

I definately got something from this article. Inspiration, insight about another persons workflow and approach, a pleasure from looking at well considered photographs.

The interview format worked well for me and the questions led to interesting details about the photography. I also liked the balance between the philosophy of what the photographer was trying to achieve and the technical aspects.

If this is going to be caliber of articles going forward I’m quite satisfied.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 01:55:05 am by Martin Kristiansen »
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

OmerV

• Photographs
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 07:28:18 am »

It’s always interesting to learn how other photographers work, particularly when their efforts are engaging. Adam’s preference for sunny days is not one I share, yet that dissimilarity and the quality of the images made the article that much more interesting for me.

The sincerity in this and the Michael LeBlanc post is a refreshing direction.

guido

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 10:11:17 am »

A fine article. Not even faintly related to the sorts of photography I do, but still quite interesting and a great insight into some fine work.

Before the change over, I'd decided to let my membership lapse. I'd quite run out of interest and patience for what the previous leadership was up to. Given the new start I've changed my mind..

SteveB

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 12:52:59 am »

Regarding Adams street images:  Interesting, surreal, theatrical, dynamic, structured, poetic

In two words "just wow."     

Love the new direction!  All things must pass.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 05:47:58 am »

Colour, leading lines, a touch of mystery and "non-sensical", well done.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 10:27:08 am »

This article, Adam’s photographs, Josh & Irene’s perceptive eyes in seeing and sharing Adam’s work, plus Josh’s line of questioning in the interview, signal a refreshing change in direction for LuLa. It’s not a hard right or left, but enough of a shift to provide a new direction toward potentially unknown destinations – which is a good thing, in my eyes.

It is satisfying to read about someone “adding grain” to printed photographs, to make the images “less digital”. Equally satisfying is learning of someone going out and confidently shooting “with only a 50mm lens”, not the first nor the last, but, in both cases, counter to mainstream photography. I don’t do either of these things myself, and take other routes to break the bonds of digitalness and overburdening oneself, but learning of Adam’s vision, technique and thought behind it is helpful.

Too often, in my opinion, we are bombarded with “latest-greatest” in terms of both equipment and destination. This happens regularly on Lula and, over the years, helped define it as a leading digital photography website and will, most likely, continue to be a feature of the site in this continuing era of advert-driven revenue.

However, it’s also refreshing and helpful to be reminded that photography as art is not equipment and destination, but light and perception. This, too, has been a feature of LuLa over the years, and one I hope will be expanded.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

vartkes

• The Armenian
    • VartkesImages - Contemplative Photographs
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 10:13:49 pm »

This article, Adam’s photographs, Josh & Irene’s perceptive eyes in seeing and sharing Adam’s work, plus Josh’s line of questioning in the interview, signal a refreshing change in direction for LuLa. It’s not a hard right or left, but enough of a shift to provide a new direction toward potentially unknown destinations – which is a good thing, in my eyes.

It is satisfying to read about someone “adding grain” to printed photographs, to make the images “less digital”. Equally satisfying is learning of someone going out and confidently shooting “with only a 50mm lens”, not the first nor the last, but, in both cases, counter to mainstream photography. I don’t do either of these things myself, and take other routes to break the bonds of digitalness and overburdening oneself, but learning of Adam’s vision, technique and thought behind it is helpful.

Too often, in my opinion, we are bombarded with “latest-greatest” in terms of both equipment and destination. This happens regularly on Lula and, over the years, helped define it as a leading digital photography website and will, most likely, continue to be a feature of the site in this continuing era of advert-driven revenue.

However, it’s also refreshing and helpful to be reminded that photography as art is not equipment and destination, but light and perception. This, too, has been a feature of LuLa over the years, and one I hope will be expanded.
Well said Terry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up