Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AFD lens on Rollei 6008 AF  (Read 579 times)

sjatll

AFD lens on Rollei 6008 AF
« on: January 03, 2019, 07:33:33 pm »

Hi,

I got a 6008AF with a 80mm AFD lens - primarily because I could not find the older AF (non D) lens that has an aperture ring. At the moment, I am struggling a bit to get the auto mode working correctly so I can leave the camera to pick an aperture and shutter speed (fastest, as the manual suggests). I set the camera to "A", half press the shutter, and the lens gets stuck on f22. Wiggling the aperture lock button seems to make it switch to the other end - f2.8 but I am not certain what exactly is going on there. I don't very many options in terms of playing with the controls on the camera - so wondering if there is like a CPU reset that I need to try? Or, any other trick?

I am interested in getting the 180mm too but want to make sure my camera body is good and will work with another AFD lens.

Thanks!

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Re: AFD lens on Rollei 6008 AF
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 08:29:07 pm »

Not familiar with that problem but AFD lenses aren't recommended for use on the 6008AF. It should work in A mode however not necessarily.  I do have currently available 80mm AF, 50mm AF, 180mm AF , 150mm AF and 60-140mm AF lenses that would work with the 6008AF body.   

And on your set-up, I can recommend you try all the standard stuff that you've probably already done - checking contacts on lens and camera body, reseating lens, charging battery... plus using the DOF button to exercise the lens - sometimes if they have sat for a while without use they can get sticky.   You might also want to check your camera to make sure that it's metering correctly for the scene.  You can reset the camera via the custom menu but it only resets the custom functions.

Rolleiflex USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up