Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson p800 borderless printing Epson Print Layout  (Read 986 times)

mfrohman

Epson p800 borderless printing Epson Print Layout
« on: January 03, 2019, 03:48:46 pm »

Hi all,

I've been trying to print borderless 8.5"x11" prints on an Epson p800 on fine art velvet. I'm using the 'retain size' setting as many of my images have specific borders and I don't want any enlargement. The closest I've come is to use the Epson Print Layout application and use negative margins (-.02). This works except I'm noticing on some images the bottom is cropped a little as if the file was slightly taller than 11" even though it's not.

I can't really figure out what it's doing as all 3 other margins seem perfect. Any ideas?

thank you!
Mark
2 x HP Z3200, Canon 4100, Epson p-800

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Epson p800 borderless printing Epson Print Layout
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 04:21:36 pm »

I haven't tried it but I doubt that an Epson Printer using an Epson Profile and an Epson software would let you print borderless on Fine Art Paper.
I use Mirage Print which displays exactly what it is going to print and the allowable margins. That solves most of your Why questions on printing.

If I want a print of a certain size borderless then I use bigger paper and trim it to size afterwards. It is easier and probably cheaper than spraying money, (ink) through your printer.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up