Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will IPF8300 ink work in Canon Pro-4000?  (Read 579 times)

artdlr

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
Will IPF8300 ink work in Canon Pro-4000?
« on: January 01, 2019, 08:27:10 pm »

Hi everyone,
I've purchased a Pro-4000 to replace my 8300.  My starter inks say half full yet I'm being asked to replace the whole left side of ink on the printer.  That seems odd, however, I'm in the middle of a job and have two full sets of after market 700mil inks from my 8300.  They sure look like they'd work, but I'm wondering if anybody knows for sure. 

Thanks,
Steve
Logged

Panagiotis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 450
    • Fine Art Print
Re: Will IPF8300 ink work in Canon Pro-4000?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 01:16:53 am »

Hi everyone,
I've purchased a Pro-4000 to replace my 8300.  My starter inks say half full yet I'm being asked to replace the whole left side of ink on the printer.  That seems odd, however, I'm in the middle of a job and have two full sets of after market 700mil inks from my 8300.  They sure look like they'd work, but I'm wondering if anybody knows for sure. 

Thanks,
Steve

The chance for a third party ink for iPF-8300 to be compatible with OEM ink for the PRO-4000 is minimal. Don't do it.
Logged

I.T. Supplies

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 529
Re: Will IPF8300 ink work in Canon Pro-4000?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 02:02:35 pm »

Also, none of the x300/400 series ink will work in the Pro series as it's a completely reformulated ink from Canon.  The Pro series is completely redone and updated, so there isn't a chance older inks would properly work in the new series; even if it's 3rd party.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up