Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Helicon Focus plug in for Capture One 12  (Read 5810 times)

Ray Harrison

Re: Helicon Focus plug in for Capture One 12
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 05:51:49 pm »

This has all been very helpful. Thanks again for everyone's insight!
I'm now trying the Helicon C1v12 plugin. After rendering is finished in Helicon I go to save and DNG is not an option, which leaves tiff as the option. The only way (according to the screen shot I included) to enable DNG out is by opening raw images from Helicon. Is this correct or am I missing something? Here are screen shots of my output from C1 options and the no dng option warning from Helicon.

Correct, DNG isn't an option from Helicon when it is initiated by the plugin from C1. I think the idea is that C1 is the raw processor where you most of the work except stacking. Once you're done stacking (the output is a TIFF), you bring the finished TIFF back in to C1 and you can export as a DNG from there if you want. Remember, the DNG as saved from Helicon isn't really a raw file anymore, it's simply a container for your stacked TIFF. Capture One is relieving Helicon of its duties as a DNG exporter and taking that on itself.

sanvandur

• http://www.santiagovanegas.com
Re: Helicon Focus plug in for Capture One 12
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 06:01:58 pm »

I see. Capture One should be more clear about what the plugin does exactly. It’s very misleading. Thanks for your help!

Correct, DNG isn't an option from Helicon when it is initiated by the plugin from C1. I think the idea is that C1 is the raw processor where you most of the work except stacking. Once you're done stacking (the output is a TIFF), you bring the finished TIFF back in to C1 and you can export as a DNG from there if you want. Remember, the DNG as saved from Helicon isn't really a raw file anymore, it's simply a container for your stacked TIFF. Capture One is relieving Helicon of its duties as a DNG exporter and taking that on itself.
Santiago Vanegas photography at www.santiagovanegas.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up