Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best 28mm lens travel camera?  (Read 3123 times)

RichDesmond

Re: Best 28mm lens travel camera?
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 10:44:03 pm »

There’s a crack, a crack in everything,
That’s how the light gets in.

—Leonard Cohen

Well played sir!  :)

patjoja

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 12:59:25 pm »

Howdy,

Have not posted here for a while but know this is the place to come for expert advice.

Going on trip to Japan soon. Want to bring a 28mm fixed lens camera, or relatively travel capably camera body with 28mm lens. I will be shooting about 80% street and 20% landscape, almost all handheld. May bring a small tripod.

In the past, I've brought a Leica Q and Ricoh GR. I own the GR and have rented the Q. Both have worked well. Slightly prefer the Leica Q due to image stabilization and wider apertures.

I greatly prefer 28mm perspective, my eye does not like shooting 35mm.

Anyway, should I do the Leica Q or Ricoh GR again, or is there a newer, better competitor? How about a Fuji system like the X series with an attached 28mm equivalent lens? Would that be significantly better, yet still portable?

The Ricoh GR seems perfect but will not be on the market in time for my trip.

Thanks!

I love my Sony RX100 iv for a simple pocket-able camera.  I'm not sure how it compares to Leica Q or Ricoh, but I've always been very satisfied with the IQ.

Patrick

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2019, 07:09:51 pm »

I had not heard of the Fuji XF10, but it seems it might suit you. Very compact. Very inexpensive. No eye level viewfinder, though. Image quality ought to be decent.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up