Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GFX 50R Viewfinder setup Questions  (Read 688 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

GFX 50R Viewfinder setup Questions
« on: December 27, 2018, 04:49:43 pm »

Sorry for multiple posts...all with my real or imagined problems. If I figure this thing out I hope to post actual pictures! I used the camera yesterday for a long stretch outdoors. The viewfinder has so much "information", it clutters up my view, and composing is difficult. There is a very bothersome scale on the left, laid out vertically to show plus/minus exposure compensation. Then, I think there is ISO, f stop selected, shutter speed, battery life, shutter type being used (elec/mech), type of metering and focus pattern, a graph of dynamic range (expose to the right)  and other stuff I can't think of here. All the info IS interesting and important, but I would like to set up the camera with a blank finder showing only the focus point box, and the "rule of thirds" grid (I find this very useful). Then, ideally, with the push of a custom button, all that stuff would come back. Another push and it dissapears.  I am sure it is possible....I will be 82 in Feb, and do not have the patience any more for instruction books with hundreds of pages, and no Index!
Happy New Year
TIA
Dave in NJ

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: GFX 50R Viewfinder setup Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 06:52:53 pm »

See my answer to the same question you posed on another site.  It took me less than a minute to download the manual and find the pages where the exact info you are asking is described ;)

mtakeda

Re: GFX 50R Viewfinder setup Questions
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 03:22:03 pm »

I can not locate the other site and your answer. Will you please point it out ? Thank you.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up