Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Way to Learn Capture One?  (Read 4676 times)

John Hollenberg

Re: Best Way to Learn Capture One?
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2018, 07:13:07 pm »

Capture One facilitates several auxiliary input controls/consoles beside keyboards and drawing tablets. OEM in general stands for Original/Other Equipment Manufacturer.

Yes, I knew about OEM but didn't see how that would apply.  However, obviously this is a documentation bug.  It should list ClosedBrackets which is "]" and works correctly on my Windows 10 machine.  Rather sloppy for a version 12 product.  I will report this.  Thanks for confirming.

John Hollenberg

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2018, 04:45:42 pm »

The C1 Noise reduction settings are specific for a Camera/sensor and ISO, so different models may require different amounts. And these defaults can be saved as (camera specific) presets.

I changed the default for noise reduction but see that it only applies to new variants.  What is the easiest way to to apply the new defaults to all images?  Right now my catalog in C1 contains a subset (about 16,000 images) of my whole catalog from LR.  It might be easiest for me to start with a new catalog imported from LR after getting all the defaults set properly.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 06:02:08 pm »

What is the easiest way to apply the new defaults to all images?

"Copy Settings to Adjustments Clipboard" from a specific tool with the Primary Variant being selected, then select all variants to which you want them applied (could be All), and apply.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

John Hollenberg

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 07:13:24 pm »

"Copy Settings to Adjustments Clipboard" from a specific tool with the Primary Variant being selected, then select all variants to which you want them applied (could be All), and apply.

If I wanted it to be All presumably I would have to select all images from that camera shot at that ISO?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2018, 07:40:47 pm »

If I wanted it to be All presumably I would have to select all images from that camera shot at that ISO?

Yes, if you want to apply a different "Default" to different ISO's.

The Copy/Paste of Adjustments is totally use-case adjustable. One can even (De-)select specific adjustments from the selected set, by tweaking the Clipboard selections.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up