Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing on 81/2x11 paper on Epson P6000  (Read 609 times)

hea7

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 32
Printing on 81/2x11 paper on Epson P6000
« on: December 23, 2018, 01:46:26 pm »

First, Epson papers ( Legacy Baryta, Platine)  are almost never flat causing the paper not to load properly. I have had this issue with even larger sizes such as 13x19. Most of all the printer will just not take 81/2x11 paper. I have tried "smoothing" the ends and every once in a while the paper will go through. However, I destroy several sheets each box every time. And the paper is expensive. I have adjusted the platen to widest and the pressure roller to 3. No help.

Anyone had this issue? I believe Epson papers are flawed in the manufacturing process and just are not flat. I have sent boxes back to Epson and they had the same issue with the paper I was using and replaced it. However, Epson should do a better quality control process.
Logged

I.T. Supplies

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 529
Re: Printing on 81/2x11 paper on Epson P6000
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 04:26:29 pm »

Seems like you've received some defective sheets as we've sold hundreds of boxes of their Legacy with a small percentage before returned or replaced.  I'm not saying that we have better luck, but from our knowledge and how many returns we've processed on that line, it's not that bad.  Are you also using the proper media settings to feed it?  The head can be adjusted, but if the media type isn't selected to work with the paper, it may not feed properly.
Logged

Wayne Fox

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4237
    • waynefox.com
Re: Printing on 81/2x11 paper on Epson P6000
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 04:41:34 pm »

legacy platine and baryta in sheets are flatter than most of the other types of similar papers I’ve tested. I’ve printed hundreds of sheets 13x19 and larger on my p9000.  I had some issues originally with the paper hanging at the exit and folding back when I printed 30x24 sheets (putting them in horizontally), something my 9900 didn’t have a problem with. Epson replaced the vacuum unit for me, seemed to help, but I quit putting the sheets in horizontal (only reason I did this is it printed slightly faster).

One challenge on the small sheets is the vacuum isn’t as effective because most of the openings are not covered. Not sure if there is any way around this. but it’s pretty easy to gently “straighten” the leading edge before putting it into the printer.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up