Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does CaptureOne Pro not automatically save changes to IPTC metadata?  (Read 757 times)

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com

Hi,

I am relatively new to CaptureOne Pro 12, and have run into a problem. As I have gone through a catalog I have added certain IPTC metadata (contact and copyright ownership information, Headline and Description, and Keywords.  After I finished working yesterday, I shut down C1P. When I came back today , none of the metadata I added is there.

Is there a step have I missed? Am I wrong in  assuming that the program would be automatically saving the information but apparently either I have done something wrong (and I strongly suspect this is a case of user error or lack of understanding) or there is a bug.

Using Capture One Pro 12 in macOS Mojave, or a 27" R5K Retina iMAc.

Ray Harrison

Re: Does CaptureOne Pro not automatically save changes to IPTC metadata?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 09:10:49 am »

When I saw this post a few days back, I decided to pay close attention to see whether I could recreate the behavior you saw. After processing a fair number of images in both sessions and a catalog in C1 12 on a couple of different Macs, I've not been able to recreate a scenario where it doesn't properly save changes to IPTC metadata. The application saves the changes/additions every time. Is this something you've been able to repeat?

Cheers,
Ray

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 10:37:20 am »

Yes, it is still happening.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 05:06:32 pm »

Just in case, check your preferences about how to handle metadata (as shown in the attached imae). What you describe is not normal, as C1 writes the IPTC values to the C1 catalog (even sessions have their own catalog).

Pages: [1]   Go Up