Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon Girl  (Read 2078 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Nikon Girl
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2018, 01:38:43 pm »

...The girl in question (one of my daughter's classmates) liked the portrait so much that she is using it as her Instagram profile picture...

Oscar, thanks for the honest feedback.

That said, I tend to agree with Ivo, mecrox, and Keith about the merits of the photograph. The girl in question (one of my daughter's classmates) liked the portrait so much that she is using it as her Instagram profile picture.

As for why I am sharing it, I generally try to capture and share (mostly) beauty of this world. Given that the beauty is in the eye of the beerholder, you must have had one too many today, my friend ;)

My definition of street coincides with Magnum's, no matter what you or Russ have to say, and does not have to tell a story, as Ernst Haas, among others, demonstrated. If it is related to street, or at least a public space, it is Street for me (and Magnum, and most reasonable people). Period.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:29:14 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Ivophoto

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2018, 02:12:47 pm »

My definition of street coincides with Magnum's, no matter what you or Russ have to say, and does not have to tell a story, as Ernst Haas, among others, demonstrated. If it is related to street, or at least a public space, it is Street for me (and Magnum, and most reasonable people). Period.

Hear hear

it is Street for me (and Magnum, and most reasonable people). Period.

Slobodan calls me ‘a reasonable people’

faberryman

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2018, 02:24:48 pm »

The girl in question (one of my daughter's classmates) liked the portrait so much that she is using it as her Instagram profile picture.
Well, there you have it.

Two23

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2018, 03:38:25 pm »

Kid with Canon.  I was at a pow wow in Winnipeg and spotted this little kid using the big camera & lens.  My wife remarked, "He has a better camera than you do."  I was shooting a Nikon F3T with Nikon 105mm AiS f2.5 and Ilford FP4. :)

A for Slobodan's photo, it's a nice catch and certainly not a cliche.  It probably works in a collection of photos but as a stand alone it doesn't place itself in Cuba.  (My mild criticism.)

Kent in SD
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:43:07 pm by Two23 »
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2018, 04:33:06 pm »

You entirely miss the point why Slobodan chooses this composition.

See also the picture of the pink lady.

The pictures are smartly composed to leave space for his signature.

I don't doubt it.  ;)

Had it been Oscar's picture it would have likely been one of the daily-keep-the-doctor-away series, entirely relevant and with the signature being a part of the narrative.

Had it been yours, Ivo, the signature would likely have been unreadable having partially fallen off the edge of the frame.

;D

Ivophoto

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2018, 04:34:58 pm »

I don't doubt it.  ;)

Had it been Oscar's picture it would have likely been one of the daily-keep-the-doctor-away series, entirely relevant and with the signature being a part of the narrative.

Had it been yours, Ivo, the signature would likely have been unreadable having partially fallen off the edge of the frame.

;D

HA! All my pictures are signed.

Outside the frame

rabanito

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2018, 05:27:42 pm »

Y
The pictures are smartly composed to leave space for his signature.

+1

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2018, 11:07:54 am »

A beautiful girl a day keeps doctor away 😉

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2019, 11:30:22 am »

... The girl in question (one of my daughter's classmates) liked the portrait so much that she is using it as her Instagram profile picture...

Further to that, the image was used in an interview with her in the VoyageMia, an online magazine:

http://voyagemia.com/interview/meet-charissa-bacon-rissa-b-photography-broward-county/

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up