Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 Scrollbars  (Read 720 times)

Ian99

C1 Scrollbars
« on: December 18, 2018, 10:19:55 am »

This must be a dumb question so I apologize in advance.
C1 is not an easy program to use but at least if I could see the scrollbar it would be a bit easier.
Yes, if I manage to left-click on the scrollbar it turns into a dirty orange, but the problem is seeing it in the first place. There is little point in having the latest whizz-bang tools if it is difficult to do absolutely basic stuff.

So my question is how to make the scrollbars more visible or of a different color?
I am using C1 v12 but the issue has been there since v8 at least. Also I use Win7-64 (Win10 is the only thing that would make me move to a Mac). None of the scrollbar colors in Win7 are as dark as C1’s. All 3 monitors are calibrated.

Any thoughts?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: C1 Scrollbars
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 11:22:29 am »

So my question is how to make the scrollbars more visible or of a different color?

That is not user configurable as far as I know. For me, it's not a big issue, because I navigate with the scroll-wheel of the mouse pointer.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Ray Harrison

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 12:11:06 pm »

Ian, is it that the scroll bar disappears unless you're scrolling or is it that its hard to see when visible? If the former, there's an OS level option to turn on scroll bars "all the time" in both Mac and Windows, though the Windows specifics escapes me at present. Obviously, that's system wide and not specific to C1 so it may be an annoyance on other applications.

Ian99

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 01:43:11 pm »

Bart, thanks for the response, I think that would give marginal improvement.

Ray, the issue is that the scrollbar is hard to see when "visible". A very dark grey bar on a black background is not easy on the eyes and is an odd design choice.

I operate with a really good 30" monitor with two 19"s at the side. I use C1 in dual viewer mode (I wish there was a triple!) with the chosen image on the large 30" and the control panel on a 19".

If I can't find a better way, then I think I shall wait for the January sales and buy another large monitor to minimize the issue by not needing to invoke the scrollbars at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up