Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ACR Crashing  (Read 1728 times)

John Hennessy

ACR Crashing
« on: December 13, 2018, 11:13:01 pm »

My ACR crashes when I click on “open fileˮ or any other exit method. The windows scatter themselves around and it becomes unresponsive. The only way to work around is to save as a PS file, exit ACR and let it crash. Then open the file in PS. This just started recently with no other symptoms. I did just update PS, Bridge and ACR.

I have windows 7 with 16 GB ram and these versions:

Bridge 9.0.2.219
ACR 11.1.0.112
PS CC 20.0.1

BTW are those the latest versions? Creative cloud seems to think so.

Thanks.

TonyW

Re: ACR Crashing
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 06:11:58 am »

Maybe a bit late and you have found the solution?

FWIW -IF it is not an update corruption issue then it really sounds like driver or hardware issues - graphics driver incompatibility or corruption, bad RAM module etc etc.

I am afraid I do not understand the comments about "windows scatter themselves and it becomes unresponsive"

Have you a System Restore point prior to your updates that you could roll back to (assuming nothing else added that cannot be recovered)?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 07:17:57 am by TonyW »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 11:13:15 am »

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

If that doesn't work, try turning off GPU in prefs.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

John Hennessy

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 11:59:42 am »

Just in case anyone else has had this problem, I turned off the graphics processor and the problems disappeared. That was on the advice of an Adobe person on its forum.

TonyW

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 12:37:30 pm »

Good to know. 

So it was a graphics driver compatibility issue.  As a matter of interest which card and driver are you using?
Pages: [1]   Go Up