Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a plugin  (Read 660 times)

howardm

Looking for a plugin
« on: December 12, 2018, 06:30:02 pm »

In Photoshop, you can print 'Variations' and the Canon Print tool also generates a
color variation wheel that can be printed.

Is anyone aware of a plugin that can do it directly (vs. Edit In and then print from there)?

Lustrous

Re: Looking for a plugin
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 02:15:40 am »

There is one plugin that will do what you ask, with a little bit of preparation!-
https://www.capturemonkey.com/excessor/

Select one photo, run the 'Excessor' plugin, choose a "Group" folder of presets in the Develop module- and Excessor will create a Virtual Copy of the image using every Preset in the Group. (Warning- do not run this on a group with 1000's of presets- you will get 1000's of VCs  :o)

If you selectively copy your favorite Develop Presets to a new Group folder (eg. 5 or 6 presets) you always can run Excessor with the same 5 or 6 Presets. eg. you could make presets for different Split Toning options, or B&W variations, etc.

You can view the variations in the created VCs with Survey view, or print the variations using a Contact sheet format in the Print module.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 02:19:04 am by Lustrous »

howardm

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 08:07:53 am »

Very interesting and interesting idea/method of solving the problem.  Will definitely look into it.  I've not
heard of this guy's plugins before.

I found some Windows batch code :( that uses ImageMagick to create a 9way panel by mod'ing the RGB channels) and now I just need to see about re-coding it for either plugin work or export or ....... and would like to make it > 9way

Maybe something to do over the Xmas vacation

Lustrous

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 01:27:13 am »

>9way
Do you mean you want to see >9 variations (in a print)?
Excessor can create any number of Virtual Copies- The number of VCs is dependent on the Folder of Presets you select.
If I use a Preset Folder with 100 Presets - I get 100 VCs!  (They can be easily 'removed' later)
I can select any number of these to print to any Custom "Contact Sheet" in the print module.

Before the introduction of the Profile Browser in Lightroom Classic (7.3?) Excessor was the best way to preview Profile changes in VC previews. But you can use it to illustrate ANY development that is possible in Lightroom- Basic, Tone Curves, HSL, WB, etc. The only limit is your ability to create Presets.
Pages: [1]   Go Up