Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Delivery run-around  (Read 16538 times)

dannirr

Delivery run-around
« on: October 26, 2006, 06:28:55 pm »

Is anyone else here getting the run-around about delivery of video products?  I ordered and paid for the Lightroom DVD over 5 weeks ago - I keep getting told it has been sent but I have received nothing. Same thing happened with LLVJ14   and of course there is no sign of LLVJ15.  Why keep telling me it has been sent?  Losing one in the mail I understand - but 3???

It amazes me that Michael allows such poor service when the rest of the site is so professional and timely (actually, better than timely).

Danni

Atlanta, GA

DaveLon

Delivery run-around
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 06:37:05 pm »

Well I cannot speak for others, but my copies always arrive promptly and for several years now, none have been lost, But I live in Canada so perhaps the customs folk are involved.

Dave S

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Delivery run-around
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 06:50:45 pm »

Danni

I agree that the mail delivery of the LLVJ is poor within the USA (and occasionally elsewhere)

We tear our hair out in frustration at the inability of the US Postal Service to provide anything close to an acceptable service. Everywhere else in the world (with occasional exceptions) has reasonable postal service. We have no idea why it takes 3 days to Europe and six weeks to the United States. We know the DVDs get to the border but then they seem to sit in some limbo somewhere.

The question is what can we do about it.

- If the DVDs are undelivered four weeks or more after shipment, we _will_ replace them. A very small percentage do in fact end up being 'lost'. Steven Sauve should be contacted at

- We can beg your patience

- or, you can pay for UPS or FedEx delivery at some considerable extra cost.

I sincerely apologise for the delivery shortcomings. Your DVD was shipped and now will be replaced.

Chris Sanderson

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
Delivery run-around
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 07:24:53 pm »

It amazes me that Michael allows such poor service when the rest of the site is so professional and timely (actually, better than timely).

Danni

Atlanta, GA
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82432\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wow!  To think that Michael has to power to stop allowing poor service from the USPS!

DarkPenguin

Delivery run-around
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 07:35:19 pm »

USPS service for packages within the US is very good.  This is a border thing.

davaglo

Delivery run-around
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 07:49:23 pm »

Go to USPS.com and file a complaint with the US Postal Inspectors. They will find out and let you know.

Jerry
jrg

alainbriot

• http://www.beautiful-landscape.com
    • http://www.beautiful-landscape.com
Delivery run-around
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 07:50:12 pm »

USPS service for packages within the US is very good.  This is a border thing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82445\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Exactly.  The same is true for USPS shipments from the US to Canada. They take two weeks to be delivered on average...

One cannot compare web delivery to USPS delivery ;-)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 07:51:16 pm by alainbriot »
Alain Briot
Author of Mastering Landscape Photography
http://www.beautiful-landscape.com

jeffball

• www.earthandskyphoto.com
Delivery run-around
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 08:10:34 pm »

Thanks for the update on this as I have now been waiting two weeks for my LLVJ 15.  Perhaps I should drop an email to Steve.  Thanks.
Jeff Ball
[url=http://www.earthandskypho

dannirr

Delivery run-around
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 08:12:41 pm »

I order car parts or tools from Canada quite often - never have a wait of more than a few days over regular mail.  Why would the DVD's take 4-5 weeks?

Danni

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
Delivery run-around
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 08:28:52 pm »

I order car parts or tools from Canada quite often - never have a wait of more than a few days over regular mail.  Why would the DVD's take 4-5 weeks?

Danni
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82454\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Unfortunately - what you say is 100% true. I get mail all the time from Canada in 2 or 3 days.

Shipment of the LLVJ takes at least 4 weeks. Sometime never, and we get into resending it.

I don't buy the US mail excuse for one second - I know better.

But - I want the DVD so much I put up with this nonesensical talk because there really is no alternative. There is no willingness to find the real fulfillment problem and correct it.

Considering that SO MANY people complain every time, one wonders what would possess someone to not find the real problem and do something about it. (Hint: the fulfillment company)

Meanwhile, 3 weeks and waiting.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:29:50 pm by boku »
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Delivery run-around
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 08:45:29 pm »

Unfortunately - what you say is 100% true. I get mail all the time from Canada in 2 or 3 days.

Shipment of the LLVJ takes at least 4 weeks. Sometime never, and we get into resending it.

I don't buy the US mail excuse for one second - I know better.

But - I want the DVD so much I put up with this nonesensical talk because there really is no alternative. There is no willingness to find the real fulfillment problem and correct it.

Considering that SO MANY people complain every time, one wonders what would possess someone to not find the real problem and do something about it. (Hint: the fulfillment company)

Meanwhile, 3 weeks and waiting.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82455\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Nonsensical to you Bob, frustrating for us. The DVDs go in the mail, they are delivered properly to almost every point on the globe - except the USA . . .

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Delivery run-around
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 08:46:39 pm »

I live in Australia and have purchased ALL of the LL VJ issues in about 8 different shipments, along with both the LR tutorials - I have never waited more than 10 days for any of them to arrive.

On the other hand.. I have some DVDs on order from Amazon that were shipped 10 weeks ago and still havent arrived - according to the tracking they are now somewhere in Germany *scratches head*
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Delivery run-around
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 08:58:31 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82455\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
BTW Bob

After the delays in arrival of LLVJ-14, we did take up that problem with the USPS. They were asked if bulk shipment across the border and subsequent ditribution from within the USA would make any difference. We were told that the delays were 'anomalous' and that bulk trans-border shipment would make 'no difference'.  

Chris

DarkPenguin

Delivery run-around
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 09:56:02 pm »

You've a second data point now.  You can call it a trend.

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
Delivery run-around
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 10:05:21 pm »

I am in Australia and have never had one of my LL Journals go astray in the mail. All of mine have arrived promptly, often before many others around the globe and the last one actually arrived before the notification that it had just been sent.  
Julie

jani

• Øyet
Delivery run-around
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 03:35:59 am »

FWIW, I've experienced steadily improving delivery times for the LLVJ to Norway.

The first shipment was a bit slow, but that had to do with customs, which has a tendency to sit on deliveries like these for one or two weeks before notifying the recipient.

The entire discussion gives me an eerie sense of deja-vu, though.
Jan

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
Delivery run-around
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 07:01:42 am »

well, well well, I got nothing, from 1 to 14 I have my DVD before anyone else, now I just don't want to go to the door to look   is sad knowing the almost everyone else have it..But maybe, you nerve know, my dvd came with little be of gold  .  I'm going to wait, will not be a problem, I trust the mail men,,ohh hold on what about if he have it ,and, watching it for free.  I will be at my door today. that mail men will pay    life is so short I hope you don't die waiting for the dvd.

BlasR
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
Delivery run-around
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 08:18:56 am »

BTW Bob

After the delays in arrival of LLVJ-14, we did take up that problem with the USPS. They were asked if bulk shipment across the border and subsequent ditribution from within the USA would make any difference. We were told that the delays were 'anomalous' and that bulk trans-border shipment would make 'no difference'.   

Chris
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82459\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Chris - you missed my point - I get other 1st class mail from Canada in 2 or 3 days. Nothing else is delayed like this. USPS is not causing the delay, nor is Customs.
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

dannirr

Delivery run-around
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006, 08:57:39 am »

Chris - you missed my point - I get other 1st class mail from Canada in 2 or 3 days. Nothing else is delayed like this. USPS is not causing the delay, nor is Customs.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82502\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And that was my point too in discussing other stuff I get from Canada. Blaming the USPS or customs is an easy way out and relieves them of responsibility. What it does not do is address the real problem, make any attempt to correct it and most importantly, satisfy the paying customer.

Danni

sralser

Delivery run-around
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2006, 10:04:52 am »

I get stuf my parents send me from Australia sometimes in less than a week.  I remember 1 letter turned up in 4 days.

Steve
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up