Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 8.1  (Read 3635 times)

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Lightroom 8.1
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2018, 11:41:39 am »

What exactly do you mean by the "preset" in the Develop window? I assume you mean the Auto button?

And I would wonder what you mean by "the Auto preset". One you have created? Review the preset and check that you are doing the identical thing in Develop. One one detail would also be any default that you have set for the camera, and this could affect any setting not covered by the preset.

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2018, 12:34:39 pm »

What exactly do you mean by the "preset" in the Develop window? I assume you mean the Auto button?

And I would wonder what you mean by "the Auto preset". One you have created? Review the preset and check that you are doing the identical thing in Develop. One one detail would also be any default that you have set for the camera, and this could affect any setting not covered by the preset.

Not a created preset. The Auto Setting in the Classic General group. Two files - original and a copy both imported separately. I applied Auto Settings from that group when I imported one file. For the other file I applied Auto in the Basic window. I can select Auto in the Basic window or from the Presets and both yield the same results. The file that had Auto applied during import is way off.               

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2018, 12:36:10 pm »

One thing that might lead to a difference is whatever preview is being used by an Auto preset applied by Import. This would differ from the raw data loaded in Develop.

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2018, 01:08:21 pm »

I'm using 1:1. Yes I also read that changing previews will change results. This was why I posted this. Just in case someone has tried it or is new to LR hears about the improved Sensei but gets lousy results. Not sure if Adobe will do something about it but it can't help if some is trying it out or not using it because they have not realized what is going on.

If anyone wants to apply Auto to more than one file there is a plug-in that will do it.                       

dreed

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2019, 06:26:19 am »

Any problems with the update?

Memory leaks. I can do one or maybe two HDR merges before needing to quit. On import just now, it killed Opera. Or maybe it is just a memory pig.

But at least they've fixed the keyword issues.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up