Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A7III/A7rIII settings' lock?  (Read 702 times)

ski542002

A7III/A7rIII settings' lock?
« on: December 10, 2018, 10:44:24 am »

Enjoying my Sony bodies, and have since early in 2018.  Having one huge issue.  When I shoot "run-and-gun", I use both bodies slung over my shoulders.  One has a prime tele mounted, the other, the 24-70 Gm lens.  Makes for a great combo.  I rapidly switch between both bodies and in this process, both cameras always change settings, anything from my selected focus point, to shutter advance speed, to the type of advance, color temp, exposure bracket etc. Happens in any shooting mode.  In a fast moving scenario, this happens many times during even 30 minutes of shooting much less a full day, causing me to miss shots. Very frustrating.

I shot Canon, and a bit of Leica for close to 40 years, and I NEVER had this happen using those systems, af, manual or auto ae., etc.  IS there any kind of settings' lock function buried somewhere in the Sony menus?

Thanks in-advance for any suggestions.

qwz

• http://vassiliev.net
Re: A7III/A7rIII settings' lock?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 06:04:42 am »

Use Memory Recall and quickly turn a mode dial back and forth for desired slot?
(Old Sony DLSR simply recalls stored values after power off/on but A7 series is not).

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: A7III/A7rIII settings' lock?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 06:15:13 am »

Enjoying my Sony bodies, and have since early in 2018.  Having one huge issue.  When I shoot "run-and-gun", I use both bodies slung over my shoulders.  One has a prime tele mounted, the other, the 24-70 Gm lens.  Makes for a great combo.  I rapidly switch between both bodies and in this process, both cameras always change settings, anything from my selected focus point, to shutter advance speed, to the type of advance, color temp, exposure bracket etc. Happens in any shooting mode.  In a fast moving scenario, this happens many times during even 30 minutes of shooting much less a full day, causing me to miss shots. Very frustrating.

I shot Canon, and a bit of Leica for close to 40 years, and I NEVER had this happen using those systems, af, manual or auto ae., etc.  IS there any kind of settings' lock function buried somewhere in the Sony menus?

Thanks in-advance for any suggestions.

Sure

Sony Help Guide
https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1710/v1/en/contents/TP0001666495.html?search=Lock%20Operation%20Parts

Lock Operation Parts

MENU →  (Camera Settings2) → [Lock Operation Parts] → desired setting.
To lock the operating parts, hold down the Fn (function) button until the message “Locked.” appears on the monitor.
Menu item details
Off:
Does not lock the multi-selector, front dial, rear dial, or control wheel even if you press and hold down the Fn (Function) button.
Multi-Selector Only:
Locks the multi-selector.
Dial + Wheel:
Locks the front dial, rear dial, and control wheel.
All:
Locks the multi-selector, front dial, rear dial, and control wheel.
Hint
You can release the lock by holding the Fn (Function) button down again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up