Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing on Epson P800 stops before the image is complete  (Read 702 times)

drralph

• Ralph's Instagram
Printing on Epson P800 stops before the image is complete
« on: December 06, 2018, 02:29:42 pm »

I have run into a roadblock printing from LR to my P800 on a Mac.  I am printing a 16x24 image to 17" roll paper.  All goes well until late in the process, the printer just stops, leaving about 2" of the image unprinted.  The printer screen indicates printing is still in progress, as does my Mac.  I end up having to cancel the job at the printer, and eject the paper.  This has now happened 3 times in a row.

I have tried a variety of fixes, all without success:

-Quit and relaunched LR
-Flattened my image file
-Changed margins and paper size

An interesting thing happened when I changed the paper size.  I increased the length of the paper in the driver by 3".  The resulting print reduced the amount of the image printed by 1.5".  My process is to leave the margins at 0.5" all around, and add some extra paper at each end by adjusting the paper length.

These same techniques were working fine just last week.  I have no idea what changed.  Experimenting has begun to eat up paper and ink.

Any ideas?

drralph

• Ralph's Instagram
Re: Printing on Epson P800 stops before the image is complete
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 05:29:32 pm »

After a little more trial and error, I found that the length of paper at the point it stops printing is always 27".  If the margins are large, less image is printed, but it still stops 27" from the leading edge of the paper.  Guess I call Epson in the morning, and hope they have a solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up