Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-10 Deal  (Read 506 times)

mandodude

Canon Pro-10 Deal
« on: December 04, 2018, 08:03:01 pm »

This week only, Murphy's Camera (Lexington and Louisville KY) has the Pro-10 for $299.99 and you can send in for a $200 rebate from Canon.  Net price of $99.99 (plus tax or shipping).  I ordered one yesterday and UPS brought it today.  I live about 3 1/2 hours away but just couldn't spare the time away right now.  Great folks to deal with....no financial interest on my part, other than, I like a deal!  Check their Facebook page for other Canon deals.

stockjock

Re: Canon Pro-10 Deal
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 08:41:57 pm »

That would be a great deal but it shows as $499 on their web site.  Is there a coupon code or something you need?

mandodude

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 09:54:25 pm »

Check "Murphy's Camera" Facebook page.  Its on there.  As I remember, the web site says to call for current deals on it.  The Canon rep will be at a couple of the stores this. Friday and Saturday, so this is part of their "Canon Week" promotion.  No coupon needed, just call them and talk to a sales rep and they'll take care of you.  Last year I drove up there and bought one.  The price at the shop was the same ($299.99), but the Canon rebate was $50 better then this year's deal.  I've been using my Pro-10 for a year now without a problem.  I've only had to run the head cleaning cycle once.  I figured for this price, I'd have a backup and a full set of ink for a great price.  Only thing I've not been happy with is the Canon paper (I got a box free with the Pro-100 I bought 2 years ago).  Even using the Canon icc profile, black and white prints look very cyan.  I switched to Canson Infinity Platine and Baryta and black and white is excellent.  Very neutral....no color cast at all.

stockjock

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 02:32:31 pm »

It turns out that you have to call Murphy's to get the printer at the promotional pricing but that is pretty painless.  Shipping is $45 which is reasonable for an object this size.  No tax charged so total cost will be $145 after rebate.  Not sure why I am buying it other than curiosity and my inability to resist a bargain but the printer is on its way.  Thanks for the heads up on pricing.  You never see them at this price from B&H or Adorama.

mandodude

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 09:00:20 am »

It's a great printer.  I've had mine for a year and like it so.well I bought another.  The Pro-1000 is tempting, but I rarely print 13x19 as it is.  Plus, this takes up a lot less space.  Hope you enjoy your new printer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up