Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens profile requests.  (Read 861 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Lens profile requests.
« on: December 03, 2018, 05:18:10 pm »

Any chance the C1 might support the Nikon 80-400 V2 and 200-500 anytime in the future?

In the middle Aperture range these lens have considerable light fall off that makes stiching some subjects difficult.  And corner vignetting.

It would also be nice if the 19mm PC-E could be added too.

Paul C

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

UnfamiliarLight

• Unfamiliar Light
Re: Lens profile requests.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 05:33:12 pm »

Definitely open a support request for that. I'll do the same for any lenses I have that are missing profiles. I have the 80-400 v2 lens too. I failed to notice it didn't have a profile.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 06:20:07 pm »

Will do.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 07:26:40 pm »

Any chance the C1 might support the Nikon 80-400 V2 and 200-500 anytime in the future?

In the middle Aperture range these lens have considerable light fall off that makes stiching some subjects difficult.  And corner vignetting.

It would also be nice if the 19mm PC-E could be added too.

Hi Paul,

Since I rarely use Lens Profiles and relatively rarely shoot at wide apertures, I can't answer my own question, but does a lens profile solve Light Fall-off?
EDIT: Since there apparently is a slider control for Light Fall-off (which defaults to 0) associated with the Lens Profile, I suppose it is supposed to be part of the profile.

If I expect that Light Fall-off might pop up, I tend to shoot an LCC at the specific aperture (can also be done after the fact if you also dial in 'the same' focus distance you used for the actual shots).
EDIT: The above discovered generic Fall-off control, cannot possibly be as accurate as a home-brewn LCC. Case in point, my Canon EF 85mm f/1.2 L II USM lens on a Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III body, produces a non-uniform OOF blur disc at f/1.2 because the mirror (when flipped up) casts a shadow due to partly obstructing the very large Exit pupil of that combination. I wouldn't be surprised that the shading is different on different bodies, so a generic profile couldn't solve that adequately. An LCC could.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 08:40:58 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 10:49:14 pm »

Irix 11mm :)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 08:00:38 am »

Hi Bart,

Good point on the LCC, as C1 has such a great process.  I had shot a series for the 19mm, but had not thought about the 80-400 and will do that for now.  It should help for sure.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 10:36:33 am »

Hi Bart,

Good point on the LCC, as C1 has such a great process.  I had shot a series for the 19mm, but had not thought about the 80-400 and will do that for now.  It should help for sure.

I'm sure it will. I do not always have the time to shoot LCC images in the field, but luckily it can also be done reasonably well after returning to (dry) indoor conditions. Just match the aperture and focus distance and things should work out fine. Only dust removal becomes a bit tricky because after some time has passed the dust may have relocated itself on the sensor. But for light fall-off and color cast corrections, dust is not a major detractor.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up