Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Silkypix Developer Studio Pro 8  (Read 487 times)

brianrybolt

New Silkypix Developer Studio Pro 8
« on: November 30, 2018, 12:59:48 PM »

Has anyone used:
Silkypix Developer Studio Pro 8 and how does it compare to LR when shooting with Fuji X trans cameras.  I use LR and Iridient X-Transformer and they work a treat.  Silkypix Developer Studio Pro 8 is at a Very reduced price at the moment.

kirkt

Re: New Silkypix Developer Studio Pro 8
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 08:28:46 AM »

I have used v8 and now v9, which came out about 2 or 3 months ago.  It is a full featured race converter and works particularly well with Fujifilm cameras.  It is a bit quirky and does not have the more polished user interface and experience of Capture One, for example.  It does a lot of behind the scenes automatic analysis of each image to apply various levels of demosaic sharpening and noise reduction, etc.  There is a series of YouTube videos made by a guy named Mark Rouleau that goes over most of the basic controls and there is a small Facebook group that is very responsive to questions, bug discussions, etc.

I find that it does struggle with Fujifilm files that are underexposed by more than a couple of stops, primarily in that the color desaturated significantly as a result of pushing the exposure in post (or, as it is often called - pushing the ISO in post, for isoless sensors). 

v9 adds some tools but start with v8 and see how you like it.

Kirk

m_rouleau

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 07:22:19 AM »

There is a series of YouTube videos made by a guy named Mark Rouleau that goes over most of the basic controls and there is a small Facebook group that is very responsive to questions, bug discussions, etc.

:wave  :)

kirkt

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 08:35:47 AM »

Hi Mark!

kirk

brianrybolt

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 09:19:29 AM »

His voice sounds synthesized and is not very pleasant.  So much so, I couldn't stand watching the whole video.
Web address for the video is:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPDk13E2zsI

m_rouleau

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 12:23:36 PM »

His voice sounds synthesized and is not very pleasant.  So much so, I couldn't stand watching the whole video.
Web address for the video is:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPDk13E2zsI

Thatís not me. Iím the boring old guy who rambles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up