Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pixma Pro 100 and Canson ICC profile problem  (Read 1109 times)

aaronleitz

Canon Pixma Pro 100 and Canson ICC profile problem
« on: November 30, 2018, 12:02:37 am »

Hi All,

I'm trying to do a run of small 8x10 prints on my Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer that I've barely used. These prints are being used as promo pieces for much larger prints that I've had printed somewhere else.

I want to use the same paper as the larger prints so I'm printing on Canson Rag Photographique and when I use the ICC profile downloaded from Canson's website the prints look awful. Washed out, dark and the colors are way off. When I use one of Canon's default profiles (Matte photo Paper) with the Canson paper the print is almost spot on when compared to existing prints of the same image.

So I guess I'll just stick with some other profile and forget about the Canson specific ICC? This seems weird to me. I have never printed seriously on my own so there is a possibility that there is a box checked somewhere I've missed. But I'm printing from the same image file that was used to create the larger prints. 

I'm using the Canon Print Studio Pro plugin from within Photoshop CC on a Mac running a calibrated NEC PA30 display. I've had the same images printed at two separate printers and they're all pretty darn close to what I see on my screen.

I did a search and found this thread from a while back and it sounds exactly like my problem:
https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=115431.0

Sbarroso

Re: Canon Pixma Pro 100 and Canson ICC profile problem
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 09:54:42 pm »

Just to be sure; do you select "Fine art paper" type in the respective dialog box? That's a step aside the icc profile selection

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

aaronleitz

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 02:02:12 pm »

Yes - in the media type menu "Other Fine Art Paper 1" is selected per Canson's recommendation.

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 07:07:28 pm »

I use Canson papers as well. I have never been happy with their profiles for my iPF8400 and my PRO-1000. I have two paper profilers (i1 and also the Datacolor Print Spyder). Usually I have to create me own. To by honest, most canned profiles are never that good for me and I end up creating my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaronleitz

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 09:26:06 pm »

I use Canson papers as well. I have never been happy with their profiles for my iPF8400 and my PRO-1000. I have two paper profilers (i1 and also the Datacolor Print Spyder). Usually I have to create me own. To by honest, most canned profiles are never that good for me and I end up creating my own.

Thanks for your feedback. I think I'll just stick with Canon's generic matte photo paper profile as it comes really close to the other prints and I can tweak the color from there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up