Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aurora HDR 2019 - is it any better at eliminating halos than 2018?  (Read 1454 times)

Brookie

Wondering if anyone has any experiences to share with the 2019 version of Aurora HDR?  In particular I am wondering if it is substantially better at eliminating halos than 2018?

BTW I am working on Mac Mojave, my images are 95% landscapes, and I am not interested in over-the-top HDR effects. My use is simply for managing dynamic range, not going all hot, crunchy, over-saturated, and surreal.  I also subscribe to LR and PS. I’ve had some halo problems with them on a particular image looking into the sunrise, so that is why I am interested in something else. Or, maybe I just need more experience with HDR in LR/PS.

Am thinking of updating my copy of the 2018 version but have hesitated to do it as I got a bit torqued off when they came out with 2019 only 60 days after I purchased 2018 and when I asked Skylum to give me break due to my recent original purchase, all they would offer was their standard pre-release discount upgrade - which even further torqued me off. I don’t know, maybe I should let my aggravation go and just upgrade.....

So, if in your opinion Aurora HDR 2019 isn’t a significant improvement over 2018, then what is your favorite HDR software?

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

drralph

• Ralph's Instagram
Re: Aurora HDR 2019 - is it any better at eliminating halos than 2018?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 05:08:51 pm »

Interesting, I had missed the upgrade announcement.  I suppose it is a blessing that Skylum did not bombard me with solicitous emails.  A review I found online says halos are improved, but it was not by someone I know or trust.  I may just give it a go, as the app is key to my workflow.

govindvkumar

• Passionate Nature and Wildlife Photographer
    • Photography Axis
Re: Aurora HDR 2019 - is it any better at eliminating halos than 2018?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 02:07:01 am »

I have tried out the Aurora HDR 2019. I have not tested the 2018 version. So, you can check out my Before/ After images to see whether there is a considerable amount of improvement or not.
Aurora HDR 2019 Review
Nature and Wildlife photographer.
Photography Tips and Tutorials @
https://www.photographyaxis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up