Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tilt Shift adapters for Pentacon 6 to 35mm or 35mm to Micro 4/3rds?  (Read 744 times)

Osprey

Anyone use any of the adapters that allow larger image circles lenses to be used as a tilt shift on smaller formats?

I happen to have old Pentacon 6 lenses sitting around, including the 50mm lens, has anyone tried adapting these to Nikon (I have a D810).  I tried the Pentacon 6 lenses on my old D7000, and they seemed at least ok, though they were quite large and wasn't something I was using actively.  Tilted and shifted on a higher resolution body may strain them even more, I imagine. 

Alternatively, I also have a Micro 4/3rds camera, and there are adapters to adapt my Nikon lenses as tilt and shift lenses.  Anyone tried that?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:47:13 am by Osprey »

TonyVentourisPhotography

• Unlocking Olympus
Re: Tilt Shift adapters for Pentacon 6 to 35mm or 35mm to Micro 4/3rds?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 09:02:53 am »

Kipon makes shift adapters I believe for m43.  No aperture control or anything like that.  So manual aperture lenses are probably better.  Also 2x factor so no wide shift lens...but otherwise they work pretty well.
Tony
Unlockingolympus.com (ebooks & blog on getting the most from your OMD & Pen)
tonyventourisphotography.com (Commercial Photography)

qwz

• http://vassiliev.net
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 04:13:00 am »

I have an Arax branded shift (but not tilt) adapter to M42 screw-mount.
Used it with 45mm Hartblei shift lens (not good for today's standards), 80mm (pretty bad), 150mm (Hartblei-branded Kaleinar) with nice results (except too heavy and bulky setup) with A7м2 (A7r, A900).

I think it has sense only with some special lens like 180mm Sonnar, not general use.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 06:24:23 am »

Fotodiox recently released a range of medium format tilt/shift adapters which includes a P6 to EOS adapter.  you can then add any type of EOS to 35mm or m43

https://fotodioxpro.com/collections/lens-mount-adapters/tlt-rokr

Osprey

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 03:27:33 am »

I do have that 180mm Sonnar... not sure if I should bother.  May be good to experiment. 

I have an Arax branded shift (but not tilt) adapter to M42 screw-mount.
Used it with 45mm Hartblei shift lens (not good for today's standards), 80mm (pretty bad), 150mm (Hartblei-branded Kaleinar) with nice results (except too heavy and bulky setup) with A7м2 (A7r, A900).

I think it has sense only with some special lens like 180mm Sonnar, not general use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up