If you're talking about depreciation charge per print, it can be substantial or not very much, depending on the number of years amortization, the tax write-off regulations, the throughput and the interest rate assumed as the opportunity cost of capital.
Hi,
That’s what I mean, sort of. When I first purchased a 24 inch printer it was for preparing larger prints for an exhibition, by then I was well into my digital period and was happy with my printing on smaller carriage printers. That 7890 paid for itself almost immediately, just in the cost saving of otherwise having to outsource the printing, and not losing any control over the printing. When it died due to terminal arterial blockage it was easy enough to justify the replacement with a P6000. It is not used daily, my P800 is my daily printer.
I occasionally do prints for artists. Typically that involves the artist coming over and wach me adjust their files, do test strips, work print and final print. That process is more expensive than just dropping of a file at Staples or at a good lab, but you get what you pay for. As for just lending my printers: ain’t gonna happen!