Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Watermarks  (Read 5228 times)

Rob C

Re: Watermarks
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2018, 05:09:28 pm »

Not for the lack of trying hoping ;)

Not at my age: the only likely consents would come from the last people I'd want! Anyway, I really don't want because my life was full for so long that nothing could replace what was.

What's that line about after diamonds, rhinestones just won't do?

Win - win, and without the sweat and inevitable repentings!

:-)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2018, 06:28:37 am »

Sometimes the signature is better than the image on show. Personally I find them distracting.

When I was in art school, I had a classmate that signed everything he did with a huge signature. Really big! It was becoming downright stupid. Finally our instructor on this particular day look at his work, paused and proceeded to critique the signature....Point, game, set, match! Humility was inserted. We all learned a valuable lesson. Let the work become your signature.

Peter

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2018, 10:15:44 am »

;D ;D ;D

Thanks, Peter. A great story.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

rabanito

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2018, 10:16:30 am »

When I was in art school, I had a classmate that signed everything he did with a huge signature. Really big! It was becoming downright stupid. Finally our instructor on this particular day look at his work, paused and proceeded to critique the signature....Point, game, set, match! Humility was inserted. We all learned a valuable lesson. Let the work become your signature.

Peter

I don't see quite the point of signing a work of art. The signature is probably the easiest part to falsify.
In Europe there is still a discussion at court (matter of legacy) around a watercolor by Kandinsky - signed of course  :D )because nobody knows if it is genuine or fake.
They are calling the experts, they say.

You have really to be an expert to notice.
And, if a normal mortal cannot notice, why care?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2018, 07:45:40 am »

There is a practical consideration for inclusion of your name right in the posted image.
If the image is interesting in any way, there is a good chance that someone will copy that image and repost it without any ill intentions to another board or gallery.
There is also a remote chance that someone else will find that second copy of the image alluring and would like to obtain legally a copy of it.

If it were a physical print, the artist could include his name and contact info on the back of the print, but if the digital version doesn't show artist's name, there is no way that the interested party could find and contact the image maker. However, if the name is right on the image, it should be easy to locate the image maker (unless that second poster finds the signature or watermark intrusive and removes it prior to his posting).
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up