Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car and Ghosts  (Read 3481 times)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Car and Ghosts
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2018, 04:33:38 pm »

I agree, Keith. But I don't think talking about genre is pigeonholing. Take St. Ansel. He's known as one of the all-time prime landscape photographers, but a couple of his people pictures are very, very good. My all-time favorite by Ansel is "Moonrise, Hernandez," which isn't really landscape. It's a picture about a tiny New Mexico town with a graveyard whose crosses flash in the setting sun. So the only pigeonhole I can put Ansel into is the "great photographer" pigeonhole, though he certainly was a "landscape" photographer.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2018, 04:42:36 pm »

I believe this is semantics. I'll leave it to those who care.

;-)

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2018, 10:01:02 pm »

I work like that, even largely on paid gigs.  It's odd, I concede, especially for a fine art/landscape and architecture guy, but I'm not "spraying and praying," rather I shoot very loose, so in any series of, say 10, each one will be altered by a degree or three, or have a range of apertures and so forth.   I'm looking for blending frames, maybe, or I'm looking to include (or exclude) certain features at the edge o the frame, or working with the object of focus around third-lines (though I'm more apt to work on golden ratio lines a little closer to center) or blah blah blah.  You get the idea :)

Well, I admit that I bracket in certain circumstances (macro with apertures for best DOF, shutter speed with motion for best blur, etc.). But I don't think I've ever had my camera out of single-shot mode.  :)

Rob C

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2018, 03:39:04 am »

Don’t lift your finger but swipe to the accent character and then lift off your finger.

Thanks for the tip. I shall try that next time I have cause to use an accent!

Rob
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up