Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: replacement for epson exhibtion watercolor  (Read 947 times)

mokenny74

replacement for epson exhibtion watercolor
« on: November 25, 2018, 12:33:09 am »

I need help in choosing a similar paper  to replace Epson exhibition watercolor paper, it is mostly out of stock or back ordered with many of the dealers.

Thanks
Mo Kenny

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
Re: replacement for epson exhibtion watercolor
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 06:08:23 am »

On our water color reproductions we use Canson Edition Etching Rag and Canson Print Making Rag , formally BFK Rives.
Both a little pricy but that aside my favorite is the PMK, it makes stunning reproductions.

Garnick

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 12:03:37 pm »

I need help in choosing a similar paper  to replace Epson exhibition watercolor paper, it is mostly out of stock or back ordered with many of the dealers.

Thanks
Mo Kenny

I just checked the specs on the Epson Exhibition Watercolor paper, since I had never come across it previously.  I use the Epson Cold Press Natural when I need the Fine Art look.  It is also a textured surface.  I also occasionally use the Hot Press version which is a smooth surface.  Most of my art reproduction customers prefer the Cold Press, so that's the one I stock most of, in sizes up to the 24" roll.  Here are the comparative specs of both papers as well as the price difference.  The prices are in Canadian dollars, so if you are in the U.S. it would be less of course.  However, everything being equal, it would seem that the Epson Cold and Hot Press papers are a better deal.  If anyone has done extensive testing on both papers they may perhaps chime with that side of the story. From my perspective the Cold and Hot Press do a great job on the work I do.  My supplier (Viztek in Toronto) seems to stock only the 13x19" size of the Exhibition Watercolor Paper, which seems to indicate that there isn't much call it.  Just a thought.     

Epson Exhibition Watercolor:
13x19 - 25 sheets
225 gsm - 15mil thickness
$150.00 = $6.00 / sheet

Epson Cold/Hot Press:
13x19 - 25 sheets
340 gsm - 21mil thickness
$105.00 = $4.20 / sheet

Gary 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 03:18:51 pm by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

bkdallas

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 09:06:50 pm »

Is it possible the new Epson Legacy Textured paper scheduled for December release will be its replacement?
Pages: [1]   Go Up