Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nicolas Roeg  (Read 505 times)

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
Nicolas Roeg
« on: November 24, 2018, 09:53:57 am »

R.I.P Nicolas Roeg who has died aged 90 after a long and distinguished career. Films included Walkabout, Don't Look Now, The Man Who Fell to Earth and Bad Timing.

Particular thanks for casting Jenny Agutter in Walkabout and in doing so raising my pulse. He will be missed.

Wolfman

• www.bernardwolf.com
Re: Nicolas Roeg
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 05:38:33 pm »

He was a visual artist....Walkabout was beautiful and adding Jenny made it even more beautiful.

He was a 2nd unit camera man alongside Freddy Young on Lawrence Of Arabia & Dr. Zhivago so he learned from the best.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 09:11:09 am »

Don't Look Know was a really scary movie and well made.  I was surprised that he directed so few films.  His version of Heart of Darkness which was a TV film was very good with Tim Roth and John Malkovich and he made several starring his then wife Theresa Russell. 

Telecaster

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 04:44:38 pm »

Some fine & provocative films on Roeg's résumé. Didn't realize he was that old!

My friend Patty invited me to a screening of Bad Timing (A Sensual Obsession) while she was attending university and I was home on holiday from the west coast. Musta been mid-ish 1981. After the (very bleak) film ended Patty and I exchanged an OMG! look and she said something like, "Good thing I brought you instead of my boyfriend!"  ;D

-Dave-
Pages: [1]   Go Up