Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: self maintenance of IPF pro-1000  (Read 586 times)

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
self maintenance of IPF pro-1000
« on: November 20, 2018, 10:07:47 am »

Hello,

I know that the Canon IPF Pro-1000 does a kind of self maintenance when not used for some time by flushing the nozzles once a week or so. What are the requirements I have to take care for this. Is it sufficient to keep the power line plugged in or will I have to keep the printer switched on with a lit / blinking white LED at the front ?

Many thanks for further answers !

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
Re: self maintenance of IPF pro-1000
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 10:50:41 am »

Hello,

I know that the Canon IPF Pro-1000 does a kind of self maintenance when not used for some time by flushing the nozzles once a week or so. What are the requirements I have to take care for this. Is it sufficient to keep the power line plugged in or will I have to keep the printer switched on with a lit / blinking white LED at the front ?

Many thanks for further answers !

Robert

Even if it is always on it doesn't perform any maintenance task by itself. It performs it's cleaning routines before and/or after it receives a printjob.

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 01:01:26 pm »

Sorry, I don't understand that... I found this ( see attachment ) in the online manual for my printer :
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 11:54:49 am »

Sorry, I don't understand that... I found this ( see attachment ) in the online manual for my printer :

If you plug the printer, turn it on and leave it there it will never execute any self maintenance task.

If you open your computer and send to the printer a file to print before printing this file the printer will perform it's cleaning routines and then it will print the file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up